Color-coded months

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2007
      In February I visited my mother in her Catholic nursing home in
      northern Ontario. I dream of her almost every night. I just awoke
      from a dream in which we were flying on some fancy plane from one
      Pacific Isle to another. I got off the plane to deal with luggage. The
      airport was warm and sunny and the people beautiful. Unfortunately I
      woke up.

      The nursing home lays a tremendous emphasis on time. Most residents
      have short-term memory problems. They don't know the hour or the year
      or the day. The months at the home seem almost color-coded. February,
      when I last saw her, was still red for Valentine's. The most popular
      saint in the month of March is Patrick, and his color is green for
      Ireland; green was starting to make its appearance. Maybe next month
      will be lilac for Easter. God bless us all!