Re: [Unmuzzled Ox] Re: allen ginsberg

  • ellen lytle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
      Nothing and I SAID SO IN MY APOLOGY....thedge

      On 1/7/07 10:27 AM, "ph_seg" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > What's yr message got to do with the topic?
      >
      > --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com <mailto:unmuzzledox%40yahoogroups.com> ,
      > ellen lytle <thedgey@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Hi bg, no not out of town since after xmas- I don�t think I got more
      > than
      >> > one message from you- how about our meeting w/elena? Maybe in two
      > weeks or
      >> > so- fridays are best for me- how are you doing? Let me know- love, ellen

    • ph_seg
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
        No apology found. Please don't shout. You are obviously
        on edge.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
          Ellen Aug and Phyllis Segura get along about as well as me and Allen
          Ginsberg. This is an except from a published portion of our
          interview. I made the mistake of bringing up phenomenology.

          GINSBERG: The word is interesting. Under yoga or L.S.D. or just paying
          attention to surroundings, I wind up saying, "I'm studying the actual
          phenomenology of mind consciousness." But as a body of philosophical
          texts, I haven't read any of them. Why does this interest you?

          ANDRE: I've become curious about the relation of philosophy to your
          work. In an old copy of Triquarterly I happened upon last week, a
          Romanian named Cioran was criticizing Westerners interested in Eastern
          philosophy as necessarily inconsistent. Do you feel you are
          inconsistent? Are there aspects of Eastern thought, such as
          reincarnation, in which you don't believe?

          GINSBERG: My interest in yoga isn't an interest in philosophy so much
          as a physiological practice, that`s one thing. I don't particularly
          believe in reincarnation--I'm not interested in it anyway--I'm
          interested in other matters. But I wouldn't put reincarnation out;
          it's just not my concern. I don't know why Cioran makes a statement
          that there is something inconsistent with Oriental philosophy or
          Oriental methods, particularly in the twentieth century. What
          philosophies would be more consistent to a strange American esoteric?
          Aryan philosophy? Or Romanian? Or Russian? It sounds like a
          generalization of a vague order. If there were some specific
          arguments--…it's just a big statement, and I just answer, "No, I
          disagree." Period. Okay?

          ANDRE: Cioran claims in the course of this essay that the chief
          Western urge was towards being and suffering and being-in-suffering--

          GINSBERG: What? Utter bullshit. I mean, to begin with the phrase "the
          chief Western urge" and then end the sentence with
          "being-in-suffering" makes you sound like some horrible German talking
          asshole. I mean, something out of Burroughs. Or Hitler.
        • MATTHEW ROSE
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2007
            That's pretty funny. Ginsberg always sounds like a
            pompous ass.

            http://homepage.mac.com/mistahcoughdrop/Menu22.html

            http://mail.yahoo.com