Re: allen ginsberg

  • ph_seg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
      What's yr message got to do with the topic?

      --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, ellen lytle <thedgey@...> wrote:

      > Hi bg, no not out of town since after xmas- I don�t think I got more
      than
      > one message from you- how about our meeting w/elena? Maybe in two
      weeks or
      > so- fridays are best for me- how are you doing? Let me know- love, ellen
      >

      > On 1/6/07 7:09 PM, "ph_seg" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >

      > > Chief of Oxen (Zen herding) wished me to post these
      > > photos for your viewing plaisir. These are
      > > only a third of my Ginsberg Archive which I
      > > am attempting to sell for a very moderate price.
      > > If you know any buyers kindly chirp up and there will
      > > be something in it for you.
      > >
      > > Go to:
      > > gulnara.smugmug.com/gallery/2116769/1/109419703
      > > Then enter password: phyllis
      > >
      > > This is a secure site so you can't download upload or
      > > otherwise gift yourself, alas. If you are dying for one
      > > of the images let me know. Right now there are no prints
      > > available but can be easily remedied by covering palm (mine)
      > > with lucre.

    • ellen lytle
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
        Nothing and I SAID SO IN MY APOLOGY....thedge

        On 1/7/07 10:27 AM, "ph_seg" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > What's yr message got to do with the topic?
        >
        > --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com <mailto:unmuzzledox%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        > ellen lytle <thedgey@...> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Hi bg, no not out of town since after xmas- I don�t think I got more
        > than
        >> > one message from you- how about our meeting w/elena? Maybe in two
        > weeks or
        >> > so- fridays are best for me- how are you doing? Let me know- love, ellen

      • ph_seg
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
          No apology found. Please don't shout. You are obviously
          on edge.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
            Ellen Aug and Phyllis Segura get along about as well as me and Allen
            Ginsberg. This is an except from a published portion of our
            interview. I made the mistake of bringing up phenomenology.

            GINSBERG: The word is interesting. Under yoga or L.S.D. or just paying
            attention to surroundings, I wind up saying, "I'm studying the actual
            phenomenology of mind consciousness." But as a body of philosophical
            texts, I haven't read any of them. Why does this interest you?

            ANDRE: I've become curious about the relation of philosophy to your
            work. In an old copy of Triquarterly I happened upon last week, a
            Romanian named Cioran was criticizing Westerners interested in Eastern
            philosophy as necessarily inconsistent. Do you feel you are
            inconsistent? Are there aspects of Eastern thought, such as
            reincarnation, in which you don't believe?

            GINSBERG: My interest in yoga isn't an interest in philosophy so much
            as a physiological practice, that`s one thing. I don't particularly
            believe in reincarnation--I'm not interested in it anyway--I'm
            interested in other matters. But I wouldn't put reincarnation out;
            it's just not my concern. I don't know why Cioran makes a statement
            that there is something inconsistent with Oriental philosophy or
            Oriental methods, particularly in the twentieth century. What
            philosophies would be more consistent to a strange American esoteric?
            Aryan philosophy? Or Romanian? Or Russian? It sounds like a
            generalization of a vague order. If there were some specific
            arguments--…it's just a big statement, and I just answer, "No, I
            disagree." Period. Okay?

            ANDRE: Cioran claims in the course of this essay that the chief
            Western urge was towards being and suffering and being-in-suffering--

            GINSBERG: What? Utter bullshit. I mean, to begin with the phrase "the
            chief Western urge" and then end the sentence with
            "being-in-suffering" makes you sound like some horrible German talking
            asshole. I mean, something out of Burroughs. Or Hitler.
          • MATTHEW ROSE
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2007
              That's pretty funny. Ginsberg always sounds like a
              pompous ass.

              http://homepage.mac.com/mistahcoughdrop/Menu22.html

              http://mail.yahoo.com