Artificial Intelligence & Richard Morris

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      My computer died Thanksgiving weekend. By coincidence, when I handed
      my laundry to the wash-and-fold guy, he said, oh, the computer's
      down. "But you're getting it fixed, right?" Of course, he said, and
      took my laundry, and I left, and he closed and he stayed closed for
      five days, until I had no laundry. I then sat in my car drinking
      Starbucks and read every article in Tuesday's Times until finally
      after five hours he showed up and returned my dirty laundry. I
      appeared at Richard's memorial in clean clothes, as did some readers
      of this list. Harry Smith presided. One of Richard's last science
      books was on artificial intelligence and how computers will save the
      world.