NEWS: the Pope, Bush and Torture

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
      If the Pope apologizes for insulting Islam, is he still infallible? Of
      course, as The Times put it, it's really a case of "German professor
      meets sound-bite culture." And then there's the "breathtakingly
      incompetent" view of my own Royal Canadian Mounted Police that Maher
      Arar was an Islamic radical, leading the Bush administration to ship
      him to Syria for torturing. Is Bush arguing that the US is above the
      Geneva accords so that he himself in the too-distant future will be
      spared indictment as a war criminal? Or will it happen soon enough?
    • jitro4x7
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
        Don't forget that in 2000, as Cardinal Ratzinger, the current pope was
        lead author of an official Vatican document "dominus iesus" which
        stated that other religions were deficient in respect to the Catholic
        Church, and that even within Christianity, only the Catholic church
        could be called a "church".
        Wikipedia has an article;

        If you are willing to believe something as wierd as a virgin birth, why
        balk at condemming everyone to hell if they don't agree with you ?
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2006
          Obviously both Osama Bin Laden and George W. Bush are psychotic
          killers. And most of the people in this world would, of course, agree
          that Bush has done more harm and even perhaps that Bush is, as
          President Chavez said yesterday at the U.N., "the devil himself." But
          Chavez is hardly a saint. Compared to these three evil-doers,
          compared, that is, to Osama, Bush and Chavez, the Pope seems
          moderate, rational and even worth reading:
          http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=46474

          --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, "jitro4x7" <ezracolbert@...>