Re: Michael wants me to post this.....

  • citychick1000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2 4:54 AM
      Just curious, are you in Perth?

      --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, long_legged_fly <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I don't usually bother talking about such things, but...
      >
      > I was running for the bus the other day when I heard someone say,
      "run, you bitch". I
      > wondered if this was being said by someone who was singing along to
      a song, someone who
      > was talking to herself, or someone who was talking to me. I turned
      around and asked, "are
      > you talking to me?". The girl was maybe 16 and wearing a backpack.
      She hesitated, as if
      > surprised by the fact that I was addressing her, and then said,
      "yes, you don't belong here --
      probably conflating the
      > things that have been said to me over the years). Then she hurried
      past me.

      > It's usually silly schoolboys or men in pairs/groups/speeding cars
      or drunken homeless
      > women who say these things to me. I was a too gobsmacked to say
      anything to this mere girl!
      > No witty comments came to mind. Tongue broken, as Sappho would say.
      >
      > I decided to take the train instead.
      >
      > I asked a few friends including Michael for possible retorts, but
      I'm kinda over that now. I
      > thought I'd simply post this here.

    • citychick1000
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 4:59 AM
        Also, in response to your not-quite-question, how about a simple "Fuck
        you"?

        ;)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4 5:50 AM
          Fly teaches college English in Perth, Australia. Her brother-in-law
          hails from Perth, Scotland; Fly's sister is a doctor in Edinburgh.
          They were married in Sidney, Australia. I saw the wedding photos;
          the women in the bride's party, as I recall, wore traditional
          Vietnamese gowns, but the men in the groom's party definitely wore
          kilts. Guys in skirts are a laugh. In high school I dated a girl from
          Perth, Ontario. Her favorite violent imprecation: Son of a Peach!
          Violent speech in small-town Ontario in 1964 was remarkably bland.
          You want to ask, was it better then?