United 93

    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2006
      United 93, a new film about 11 September 2001, features suicidal
      jihadists. After a showing at a Staten Island multiplex which I
      attended with my son, one woman shouted out "God bless America!"
      Another then shouted "Rot in Hell you bastards!" The seat in the movie
      theatre felt disconcertingly like a seat in the doomed airplane. It was
      a good movie which nonetheless left me depressed.
    • ellen lytle
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2006
        Who was he yelling 'rot in hell' to... And why? Was the film political?
        Everyone should see ' three burials of melquiades...' w/ tommy lee jones-
        it's one of the best f–lms I've ever seen...cannes winner too- saw it at our
        local movie shack in vermont... I think it's bounty for us poets... thedge

        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2006
          Many of the people killed September 11 lived on Staten Island.
          Perhaps the two women who yelled after the showing of United 93 were
          still angry at the death of a friend or relative. Me, I'm sick to
          Hell of 9/11. Bush and Osama have messed up the world bigtime. I'm
          sure you remember our meeting at police lines that day, Ellen. You
          wanted to feed your dog. I wanted to get back to my office, and see
          the disaster close-up.

          --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, ellen lytle <thedgey@...> wrote:

          > Who was he yelling 'rot in hell' to... And why? Was the film
          political?
          > Everyone should see ' three burials of melquiades...' w/ tommy lee
          jones-
          > it's one of the best f–lms I've ever seen...cannes winner too- saw
          it at our
          > local movie shack in vermont... I think it's bounty for us poets...
          thedge

          > On 5/1/06 6:11 AM, "mandreox" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          >
          > > United 93, a new film about 11 September 2001, features suicidal
          > > jihadists. After a showing at a Staten Island multiplex which I
          > > attended with my son, one woman shouted out "God bless America!"
          > > Another then shouted "Rot in Hell you bastards!" The seat in the
          movie
          > > theatre felt disconcertingly like a seat in the doomed airplane.
          It was
          > > a good movie which nonetheless left me depressed.
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • ellen lytle
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2006
            I don't know if I want to see it but let me reiterate; 3 burials of
            melquaides espada(sp?) is a MUST esp. for poets- bush used 9/11 in the worst
            way possible and it's a thorn w/me since it happened because I equate it to
            my mother and sister getting polio; the aftermath from the relatives was
            worse almost and so was nyc and this country's reaction- actually that day
            I left my cat, twilly, home and I was worried to death about her- I thought
            you went to the bronx- michael, met me later on above canal and because he
            was in nyc parks dept. uniform they let us cross barricades and go home-
            let's get together soon- ellen

            Message 5 of 6 , May 13, 2006
              I associate 9/11 with my father's brain tumor. He died 13 November
              2001. The World Trade Center burned for six months. The residents of
              TriBeCa could not ignore it. Meanwhile Canadian doctors see no evil,
              hear no evil, and do no good. Canada is all cronyism. A friend of a
              friend in another part of Ontario is a neurologist, and he diagnosed
              my Dad's tumor. But doctors don't actually treat illness in Canada.
              He was annoyed about my divorce so he disinherited me. If he'd been
              of sound mind, as they say, he might not have--or he might have....

            • ellen lytle
              Message 6 of 6 , May 14, 2006
                My mom who had polio as a younger woman also died in 2001 but that summer
                before the hit- right- no one knows like we do down here what a horrific
                aftermath 9/11 had for us- instead of people rallying in a caring and nice
                way they were punitive like my mom's relatives after polio- funny how a
                tragedy can cause hostility in its aftermath ...