Re: [Unmuzzled Ox] Eulogies for Michael

  • souvienstoidemoublier
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 17, 2006
      How is Ludwig? Last night I was talking with a friend and I
      characterized something she said as a tautology, which she had never
      heard of, I started teasing about having never read the Tractatus
      Logico-Philosophicus . . . I tell you, it really drives women crazy --
      at least in this life -- when you do that.

      Can you tell us what happened to Adam Cartwright?

      --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, mandreox <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > When I was alive, I was an atheist. Now, as a ghost, I am surpised
      > discover the Afterlife. And what's the Afterlife like? It's like
      > being a character in Archy and Mehitabel. Fortunately, with these
      > modern computers, I am able to capitalize. Nobody's an atheist ten
      > minutes after they die. "There are," as Wittgenstein said, "things
      > that cannot be put into words. They make themselves manifest. They
      > are what is mystical."
      >

      > --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, souvienstoidemoublier
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Please don't think I am being hard on you. I went through the
      same
      > > thing with Elvis, sometimes thinking I saw him at WalMart,
      > McDonalds,
      > > Earl Scheib.
      > >
      > > --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, souvienstoidemoublier
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Maybe I am not using the right nomenclature, if Michael were
      > still
      > > > here, he could correct me.
      > > >
      > > > I meant that he did not pronounce it "Stay-ten Island" . . . in
      > any
      > > > event, you are not eulogizing Michael.
      > > >
      > > > It appears that you are going through Elisabeth Kubler-Ross's
      > first
      > > > stage of grief, Denial . . .
      > > >
      > > > ---- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, ellen lytle <thedgey@>

      > long 'a'-
      > > > and I
      > > train
      > > > on
      > > intrigue...

      > > > <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

      > contact
      > > > with
      > from

      > > > good
      > > > Island,

    • ellen lytle
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 17, 2006
        Stil...i will pray for you...but I must admit I can't get the image of elvis
        or michael checking out the lube (or paint) jobs at earl scheib's...

      • souvienstoidemoublier
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 17, 2006
          When you can get your car painted for $100, it saves money for peanut
          butter and banana sandwiches.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 17, 2006
            What's the difference between a recluse and a ghost? Though two live
            cheaper than one, none live cheaper than ghosts.

          • MATTHEW ROSE
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 18, 2006
              What's the difference between a recluse and a ghost?
              Though two live
              cheaper than one, none live cheaper than ghosts.

              Isn't a ghost someone who has bought the farm but
              can't milk the cows?

              http://homepage.mac.com/mistahcoughdrop/Personal10.html

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • souvienstoidemoublier
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 19, 2006
                A recluse can be a spider but not a writer, but if he is named J.D., he
                can be a former writer. A ghost can be a writer but not a spider.
                Surely you remember:

                An old author went riding out

                One dark and windy day

                Upon a ridge he rested