Re: [Unmuzzled Ox] Re: God hates?

  • ellen lytle
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2006
      What town did 'flower alice' drive through?

      On 2/28/06 2:18 AM, "mandreox" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > God hates Mardi Gras. Else why would He applaud ashes and lent? Or does
      > everything have a season? In my Catholic boyhood, the nuns indicated He
      > was unenthusiastic about Protestants and Communists.
      >
      > ---Flower Alice wrote: Last night, I was driving through town and I
      > saw a group of protestors with signs that said God hates this and God
      > hates that. I won't say what they think God hates, because it's not
      > worth typing. Anybody who thinks God hates anything has no credibility
      > in my mind.
      >
      > I think there was a counter-protest. I couldn't see them, though,
      > with all the traffic and police cars.
      >
      > Just a little bit of excitement in this midwestern small town.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • flower_alice
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1 12:57 PM
        Ellen,

        I was driving by the Emporia State University campus, in Emporia, KS.

        I think the protestors were there for this event:
        http://www.emporia.edu/bonner/

        - Angie Babbit

        --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, ellen lytle <thedgey@...> wrote:

        > What town did 'flower alice' drive through?
        >

        > On 2/28/06 2:18 AM, "mandreox" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >
        > > God hates Mardi Gras. Else why would He applaud ashes and lent? Or
        does
        > > everything have a season? In my Catholic boyhood, the nuns
        indicated He
        > > was unenthusiastic about Protestants and Communists.
        > >
        > > ---Flower Alice wrote: Last night, I was driving through town and I
        > > saw a group of protestors with signs that said God hates this and God
        > > hates that. I won't say what they think God hates, because it's not
        > > worth typing. Anybody who thinks God hates anything has no
        credibility
        > > in my mind.
        > >
        > > I think there was a counter-protest. I couldn't see them, though,
        > > with all the traffic and police cars.
        > >
        > > Just a little bit of excitement in this midwestern small town.
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • souvienstoidemoublier
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1 2:58 PM
          I haven't followed Morris Dees much lately but I think he used to be
          one of my big heroes.

          I wish I could read about the event, somebody should send the link to
          one of those Webpages That Really Suck websites. It is black writing
          on a very dark maroon or burgundy or garnet or whatever background.
          It is enough to make Dorothy and Toto want to go back to Oz.

          One of the weird things about the Internet is that some people think
          that just because you CAN do something like that, you should . . . I
          look at a page like that and suddenly realize why in grade school
          they had us use Blue Horse lined white paper composition books and
          Number 2 pencils.

          [oh, this is weird, the page got LIGHTER with time]

          --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, "flower_alice" <flower_alice@...>