      From: Jeff Wright <covermag@...>
      To: covermag@...
      Sent: Sun, May 2, 2010 5:04 pm
      Subject: [Unmuzzled Ox] May 15, Bike Ride / Party Parade for the Community Gardens

      Ho Down Dance Party for the
      Community Gardens

      Garden Ride / Procession / Dance to Save the Community Gardens

      What: A festive celebration of Spring / dance party to celebrate
      and defend New York’s beloved and once again endangered community gardens

      When: Saturday, May 15th, 2010, 2:00 PM

      Start: 2:00 PM, Center of Tompkins Square Park

      End: After party at Dias y
      Flores Community Garden Lower East Side.

      522 E. 13th St, between Avenues
      A & B Subway: L Train to 1st Avenue, from 4-6 PM.

      Why:
      Because the 2002 deal to save the gardens is coming to an end and the city is
      dragging its feet. Ten years ago, we fought,
      screamed, dressed like tomatoes and sunflowers and fought for the community
      gardens. Today, these gardens are once
      again under threat of development.

      So,
      this year we’re asking you to come dressed like your favorite garden vegetable,
      bring some noise, defend, and celebrate the monumental achievement of the
      community gardens.

      More
      info: benshepard@...

      http://times-up.org/calendar/detail.php?calendarid=2700
      http://www.benjaminheimshepard.com/

      --

      If someone forwarded this email, join the "les-gardens" group!

      http://les-gardens.googlegroups.com/web/Join%20Now.html