1475Why the Rockies will beat the Red Sox

    Oct 23, 2007
      The Red Sox won the World Series in 1918 and 2004. In 1918, the
      Stanley Cup Finals were canceled because of the world-wide influenza
      epidemic. Hockey players and fans alike were dropping like flies. In
      2004 the Stanley Cup Finals were canceled because of a labor dispute.
      Those are the only recent years without a Stanley Cup and the only
      recent years the Red Sox won the World Series. "No puck: Red Sox good
      luck." However, this year the Stanley Cup Finals went off without a
      hitch. Everything connects. Ergo, the Red Sox cannot win. Rockies in

      --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, mandreox <no_reply@...> wrote:
      > Back in 1999 just before the Millennium, God and Allah were in a bar
      > up in heaven. God has always been a Yankee fan. Allah favors the Mets.
      > "Jeez, God," said Allah, "for like a thousand years the Yankees always
      > win. Why don't you make it interesting? how about giving my boys a
      > chance?"
      > All right, said God, games should be fair. The Mets can win
      > henceforward sometimes, and the Yankees accordingly will lose. And
      > such is the All-new Divine Plan.
      > But Lo! The Yankees immediately in that Very Millennial Year, 2000,
      > defied the Lord's Plan and humiliated the Mets to win the World
      > Series. Allah sneered. Some God! Saith Allah, Come October You can't
      > even control nine guys on a ball field.
      > Maybe they're more afraid of Steinbrenner than Me, saith the Lord. You
      > Allah may smite New York Itself and henceforward I assure You until
      > the Mets win and win again, the Yankees will come close and then
      > closer but, like the Cubs, with whom I am also wroth, never again
      > Allah cackled. He prepared his mighty airliners.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic