1249Re: [Unmuzzled Ox] United 93

    May 8, 2006
      Many of the people killed September 11 lived on Staten Island.
      Perhaps the two women who yelled after the showing of United 93 were
      still angry at the death of a friend or relative. Me, I'm sick to
      Hell of 9/11. Bush and Osama have messed up the world bigtime. I'm
      sure you remember our meeting at police lines that day, Ellen. You
      wanted to feed your dog. I wanted to get back to my office, and see
      the disaster close-up.

      --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, ellen lytle <thedgey@...> wrote:

      > Who was he yelling 'rot in hell' to... And why? Was the film
      political?
      > Everyone should see ' three burials of melquiades...' w/ tommy lee
      jones-
      > it's one of the best f–lms I've ever seen...cannes winner too- saw
      it at our
      > local movie shack in vermont... I think it's bounty for us poets...
      thedge

      > On 5/1/06 6:11 AM, "mandreox" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      > > United 93, a new film about 11 September 2001, features suicidal
      > > jihadists. After a showing at a Staten Island multiplex which I
      > > attended with my son, one woman shouted out "God bless America!"
      > > Another then shouted "Rot in Hell you bastards!" The seat in the
      movie
      > > theatre felt disconcertingly like a seat in the doomed airplane.
      It was
      > > a good movie which nonetheless left me depressed.
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic