[univalg] post-doc positions at the university of Caen

  • Friedrich Wehrung
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hi,

      The following could be of interest to students looking for a post-doctoral position in lattice theory.

      Best regards,
      Fred

      Post-doctoral positions at the University of Caen Basse-Normandie

      The University of Caen Basse-Normandie (UCBN) will appoint two post-doctoral fellows for the twelve months of 2012. The successful candidates are expected to have an excellent research record. The `Algebra, Geometry and Logic' group of the Mathematics Laboratory of the UCBN is keen to attract strong candidates in the areas of interest of the members of the group (braid and mapping class groups, geometric and combinatorial aspects of representation theory, geometric group theory, lattices, logic, see http://www.math.unicaen.fr/~al/algebre-logique.html for more details).

      For non-French students possessing a Ph.D obtained outside of France, there is a possibility of obtaining a second year of post-doctoral support.

      Candidates are strongly advised to contact a member of the Laboratory before submitting their proposal. Their application should contain:
      -- a detailed Curriculum Vitae
      -- a scientific programme, explaining the possible interactions with members of the Laboratory.

      Deadline: applications should be sent to John Guaschi by the 1st of November 2011.
      Starting date: 1st of January 2012 onwards.
      Salary: approximately 2000 euros per month (net).
      Requirements:  the candidates should be at most 35 years old and have defended their Ph.D before the end of 2011.

      The position has no teaching duties.

      Please feel free to circulate this announcement to anyone who may be interested.

      Contact:
      John Guaschi
      Laboratoire de Mathématiques Nicolas Oresme UMR CNRS 6139
      Université de Caen Basse-Normandie BP 5186
      14032 Caen Cedex
      France.

      Friedrich Wehrung
      LMNO, CNRS UMR 6139
      Universit\'e de Caen, Campus 2
      D\'epartement de Math\'ematiques, BP 5186
      14032 Caen cedex
      FRANCE

      e-mail: wehrung@...
      alternate e-mail: fwehrung@...

    • Czedli Gabor
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 15, 2011
        Hi Fred,

        Thank you for the information below. Benedek Skublics (my phd student)
        will not have defended his PhD this year,
        so he could not apply. However, if there are similar possibilities next
        year, he would be interested.

        Best regards and see you in the Szeged conference, 2012.
        Gabor