Inactivity

  • Bill Rowan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2001
      Hi all,

      I was just warned that yahoo is likely to delete this group if there is
      not more traffic. The amount of traffic required is extremely minimal.
      In fact, this message will probably stave off deletion for 90 days. But
      it would be nice to have more messages.

      I'm not going to the meeting on tame congruence theory this summer. I would
      appreciate someone (or more than one) reporting to the list on the highlights
      of the meeting.

      Bill Rowan
    • Timmian Burke
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2001
        what is this list anyway? i joined so long ago and no one has ever posted
        before...

      • Bill Rowan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2001
          "What is this list anyway? ..."

          This is a list for people who are interested in universal algebra. It is
          a serious topic in Mathematics research. We have more than 100 members,
          and I have gotten some good help and feedback from it for my own research.
          However, traffic has always been light. I started the list a couple of
          years ago.

          Bill Rowan
        • Matt Insall
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 24, 2001
            I would like to hear from those who get to attend also. I have not been
            able to attend very many meetings, and I would certainly enjoy hearing
            something about UA once in a while.

            Matt Insall

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 24, 2001
              From: Osher Doctorow osher@..., Sunday June 24, 2001 9:57PM

              I wonder whether anyone would care to list 10 major unsolved problems in
              universal algebra with definitions of terms unlikely to be familiar to
              mathematicians outside the specialty of universal algebra. Then perhaps
              some members could continue discussing those problems.

              I joined this list some time ago with the hope that my research would later
              lead me in the direction of this group. That happens with me in other
              branches of math and also physics, engineering, chemistry. My own
              background is largely probability, statistics, functional analysis, logic,
              differential equations, applications.

              Osher Doctorow Ph.D.

              jk