Sad News about Kevin Blount

  • Japheth Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      * Dear Universal Algebraists,
      *
      * This message found its way to me earlier today. I am sorry to
      * pass on this news. I know that you will be saddened, as I was,
      * to lose a friend and a colleague.
      *
      * Sincerely,
      *
      * Japheth Wood
      *
      begin forwarded message:

      Dear Family and Friends,

      I am very sad to inform you that my husband Kevin Blount passed away
      in the Intensive Care Unit of Norwalk Hospital, Connecticut, at 10am
      on Tuesday May 30th 2006. Subarachnoid hemorrhage of the posterior
      inferior cerebellar artery aneurysm caused the sudden and unexpected
      death. Study of the CT scan images indicates that the damage from the
      initial massive hemorrhage was the most severe and irreversible.

      Medical studies suggest that most aneurysms within the brain are
      congenital. Prior to his death, Kevin had shown no symptoms of brain
      aneurysm and had been in excellent health. Kevinâ?Ts hemorrhage
      occurred on Sunday evening May 28th while we were having dinner with
      friends. The bleeding caused Kevin to lose consciousness and fall.
      He was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. After the fall, his body
      struggled to repair the damage but he never regained consciousness.

      A memorial service is planned as follows:

      2:00pm Saturday June 17th 2006

      University Commons
      Sacred Heart University
      5151 Park Avenue
      Fairfield, CT 06825

      If I had missed anyone on the list, it was unintentional. Please feel
      free to inform those you think will appreciate the information.

      If you plan to attend the service, please let me know at your earliest
      convenience so that we can make necessary arrangements.

      In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to WSHU:
      http://www.wshu.org/
      WSHU Public Radio,
      5151 Park Ave
      Fairfield, CT 06825)