Congruences inducing abelianity or associativity

  • mrinesi
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2005
      A quick question. Could anybody drop me some references about
      characterizing the congruences ~ of an arbitrary algebra that make A/~
      abelian, and those that make A/~ associative? I'm not experienced with
      unviersal algebra, so I'm not sure how elemental this question is - it
      just popped up, in another guise, in another problem I'm working on.

      many thanks in advance,
      Marcelo