Some Questions

  • Bill Rowan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2002
      Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions about terminology. First, which
      is better to say, "Mal'cev variety," or "congruence-permutable variety?"
      JDH Smith may have introduced the term "Mal'cev variety," I don't know.

      Second, what do you call it if a type of algebras has a countable number of
      terms? More generally, what do you call it if the cardinality of the set
      of terms of a type is less that k, for some cardinal k? I have some rather
      unimportant results which depend on this cardinal number, but I want to include
      them in a writeup I am working on.

      Bill Rowan