Re: [unison-users] AppleDouble trouble

  • Jerome Vouillon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19 7:13 AM
      Hello,

      On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 07:45:32PM -0000, kur.tell wrote:
      > I try to sync between my Mac (2.27.55) and a Unix fileserver
      > (2.27.57) via ssh. When I sync a folder for the first time
      > everything works fine. When I change a file on the Mac,
      > synchronization still works fine. But when I connect to the
      > fileserver via smb, change a file and then try to sync, I get a
      > "Error: Malformed AppleDouble '...' (bad filler)".
      >
      > So it seems that unison saves the AppleDouble in a different format
      > than native Mac does, or might it be related to the smb connection?

      This bug is finally fixed in the subversion repository, for Unison
      2.27 (stable), 2.32 (beta), and the developper version.
      The issue was that Unison was following closely the AppleDouble
      specification, but Mac OS X produces not quite standard AppleDouble
      files.

      Thank you for your bug report!

      -- Jerome
    • Alain Mouette
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19 9:18 AM
        Jerome Vouillon escreveu:

        > This bug is finally fixed in the subversion repository, for Unison
        > 2.27 (stable), 2.32 (beta), and the developper version.

        When will we get a new stable version (or candidate)?

        I looks to ne that there are quit a lot of new things in hte current
        version...

        Thanks,
        ALain
      • Benjamin Pierce
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19 1:03 PM
          I've just released updated versions of (the sources of) both beta
          (2.32) and stable (2.27) versions. Binaries should appear in the next
          week or two.

          - Benjamin