Re: problem with ssh reference

  • taylor_pj
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In unison-users@yahoogroups.com, "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@h...>
      wrote:
      > trying to get unison working with ssh and it's has me a bit puzzled.
      >
      > if I put cygwin in my PATH, it works but that path definition
      breaks
      > gaim. since I can't do without my instant messenger ;-), I set up a
      > unison configuration file that is as follows
      >
      > # Unison preferences file
      > root = C:\Documents and Settings\esj\My Documents\camram_core\
      > root = ssh://redweb.harvee.org/camram_core/
      > sshcmd=c:\cygwin\bin\ssh
      > rshargs = -l esj
      >
      > which seems like it should work yet when I run unison I get:
      >
      > $ ../bin/unison.win32-textui.exe
      > Contacting server...
      > usage: ssh [-1246AaCfghkNnqsTtVvXxY] [-b bind_address] [-c
      cipher_spec]
      > [-D port] [-e escape_char] [-F configfile] [-i
      identity_file]
      > [-L port:host:hostport] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-
      > option]
      > [-p port] [-R port:host:hostport] [user@]hostname
      [command]
      > Fatal error: Lost connection with the server

      I've just switched to using a Windows machine and run into the same
      problem. Adding
      sshcmd = c:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe
      to my profile allows me to run it from Explorer, although it still
      doesn't work from Cygwin bash. I'm not sure how it knows which
      environment I'm running it from, but I've got something which works
      (and is less of a hideous hack than my previous suggestion!). NB I
      also set UNISON in my Windows environment variables.