Unison now running on MacOS X

  • Benjamin Pierce
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2000
      We've received a few questions about when Unison will be ported to MacOS.
      The answer is that, on the forthcoming OS X, it already has been! Damien
      Doligez and I tried compiling it the other day and it worked without any
      modifications at all. The only restriction is that the graphical user
      interface will probably not work on OS X until somebody ports GTK.

      Since OS X is currently being distributed only to developers, we're not
      going to provide pre-built binaries for a while. But any early-adopters
      of OS X who would like to use Unison there can start now if they're
      willing to compile from sources.

      Benjamin

      P.S. Unison is *not* likely ever to run on earlier versions of MacOS:
      the OCaml implementation there doesn't provide some stuff that we need.