A LAWYER AND THE POPE

  • basheer bamai
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      A Lawyer and the Pope in Heaven

      A lawyer died. At the same moment, the Pope also died.
      They arrived at the gates of heaven at the same
      moment. They spend the day in orientation, and as
      they're getting their heavenly vestments, the Pope
      gets a plain white toga and wings, like everyone else,
      and the lawyer gets much finer apparel, made of gold
      thread, and Gucci shoes.

      Then, they get to see where they're going to live. The
      Pope gets what everyone else gets, a replica of a
      Holiday Inn room, and the lawyer gets an 18-room
      mansion with servants and a swimming pool.

      At dinnertime, the Pope receives the standard meal, a
      kosher TV dinner, but the lawyer receives a
      five-course meal including caviar, prime rib and
      chocolate truffles.

      By this time, the lawyer is beginning to suspect that
      an error has been made, so he asks one of the angels
      in charge, "Has there been some kind of mistake? This
      guy was the Pope, and he gets what everyone else gets,
      and I'm just a lawyer and I'm getting the finest of
      everything?"

      The angel replied, "No mistake, sir. We've had lots of
      Popes here, but you're the first lawyer we've ever
      had."

      Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best
      spam protection for FREE! http://uk.mail.yahoo.com