Re: [Underground Ballistics] Has any one made a high presser air cannon.

  • Randyrunamuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2003
      theres lots of high pressure cannons around, but you'll need a special air compresser, a standard shop compresser only goes to 150 lbs or so. you'd need to get ahold of a scuba diving air compressor, but they're BIG BUCKS. Acetylene will give u well over 1000lbs pressure( i dont know the exact figures) but it's highly dangerous, and you have to make damn sure you're gun wont blow apart. i use acetylene in mine, but i used hydraulic pipe that's rated for those kind of pressures, and i'm a certified welder, we x-rayed the welds to check for faults for safety reasons. i'll look around the net to see if i can find out what the pressures created by exploding acetylene are.

      Randyrunamuk

    • thomas meggenhofen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2003
        MY DAD IS A PIPE FITTER SO HE CAN DO THE WELDS AND I
        HAVE USED O2 AND ACY MIX FOR A WILE HOW ABOUT 2" AND
        4" SH 120. seemless not CBW pipe. we have a scuba
        compresser.;

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • amhso
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 17, 2005
          --- In undergroundballistics@yahoogroups.com, "tanker_665"
          <tanker_665@y...> wrote:

          > I mean above 150 PSI if so please contact me. i am thinking of using
          > 1000 psi for a cannon. what do u think.

          you will not be able to get 1000 psi. compressors dont go that high,
          you'd have to weigh 1000 pounds to do it by hand....this isn't possible.