the new spud gun

  • superloaf2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2002
      the new design is a smashing success, there are a few un expected
      results how ever. very noticable loss of volume. increased range and
      almost no muzzel flash. this modification was done to my first spud
      gun and is highly recomended. all that was done is to recess the
      barrel into the combustion chamber. you need to get a file to remove
      the stop on the 3-1 1/2 adapter and just slide the barrel(1 1/2
      pvc)till it is about 1 in above where the cleanout plug comes to when
      closed. mark it pull it out apply primer to both peices. re insert
      barrel 2 in above mark coat area below mark with pvc cement push
      barrel to mark and give 1/4 turn. allow to dry.
    • scottie_1.geo
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2003
        Wow. i founded this group several years ago, then forgot about it when
        i moved to europe and did'nt have access to the web on regular basis,
        i also lost all my guns in the move, as the military would not ship
        them overseas, Recently i started college in Illinois and am looking
        forward to get back to the spudguns and catch up with the group.
        Again i apoligize for my extended absense.
        for my gun -
        i'm thinking another PVC gun not sure one the size, definately propane
        for the fuel, and a stun gun for the ignitor, this should solve the
        problem of flints getting wet , or with a bbq ignitor just not being
        strong enough. hope to post pics of it soon.
        -Scott
        founder of Underground Ballistics