Smokeless Vs Black Powder

  • jimwaits99
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      Hello, I am a newbie here. I am not a newbie at cannons and mortars
      and
      other type explosive devices.
      Black powder is hard to come by and Pyrodex is expensive. I am
      just
      wondering if anyone has done any experimenting with smokeless powder
      for cannons or mortars.

      Now, I know this is a delicate subject but my mortars are very
      strongly built
      and I fully believe will operate okay on smokeless powder. I know how
      set them up for test and how to work up a load etc. but just
      wondering if
      anyone on this group has already done any experimenting along these
      lines and may save me lots of time.
      Jim