Pinwheels Turning at OCU on 9/21 ... You're Invited!

  • wildbill73107@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2011
      TO: Supporters of Peace & Non-violence

      The International Day of Peace is coming up in less than a week -- Wednesday, September 21st. So, once again, it is time for Oklahoma City's annual Pinwheels for Peace celebration.

      This year, our celebration returns to mid-town OKC. The good people of Oklahoma City University will be our hosts. Our program will take place in the friendly confines of the Great Hall of the Tom & Brenda McDaniel University Center.

      The main event will take place at 5pm. Dancers, singers, and other performers will put their talents on display. We're expecting a great crowd, and everything is FREE!

      This isn't just a 5 o'clock event, though. There will be activities earlier in the day, too. A drumming circle will begin at 4:30pm. Throughout the day, there will be workshops for school children who will learn the fine art of how to fold a paper crane. Naturally, they will learn the story and symbolism behind the paper crane. These special classes will take place in the Great Hall, and they will be taught by Dr. Gigi Hu of the Japan-America Society of Oklahoma.

      I'm excited that we will have an opportunity to broadcast our Pinwheels event on the world-wide web. "Peace TV" has invited us to deliver streaming video to their website -- where they will have 24 hour coverage of the events of the International Day of Peace. A global audience will have a chance to enjoy the dancers, singers and other performers at our celebration.

      Please be sure to see our new webpage dedicated to our Pinwheels celebration:

      www.pinwheelsforpeaceokc.org

      I'm pleased that so many Oklahomans are coming together to celebrate the culture of peace that is growing in our state and in our world.

      I hope to see you on 9/21 at OCU!

      Bill Bryant
      President
      Oklahoma City Chapter