Next Sunday -- Walk the World OKC at Casady School

  • wildbill73107@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2011

      Join Your Friends and Neighbors Around the World as We Walk to End Child Hunger

      Next Sunday, on May 29th, "Walk the World OKC" will take place at Casady School in Oklahoma City. You're invited to bring yourself, your walking shoes, and your friends.

      We'll walk around the lake at Casady School -- about half a mile -- to raise funds for the World Food Program and the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. You're encouraged to contribute $10 for each mile walked. But, the truth is, any amount you choose to donate will be appreciated. The purpose of the walk is to raise funds as well as to raise awareness about the persisent problem of child hunger. You'll be helping just by showing up!

      Before the walk, as a warm-up activity, you'll have a chance to enjoy some good, fresh Zumba. You know Zumba, don't you? It's some crazy sort of Latin dance sensation that is guaranteed to get your blood moving. After the walk, in observance of Memorial Day weekend, there will be a Floating Lantern Ceremony led by Abbess Jian Mao Shi-fu of the Buddha Mind Monastery. You're invited to participate.

      It all begins at 4pm. For more information, see the Walk the World OKC blog:

      walktheworldokc.blogspot.com

      Please be sure to share this with your friends, family, co-workers, and enemies -- everyone is invited to join us!

      Carmen Clay, Jasmine Shoured, and their colleagues at Casady School are hoping that there will be lots of participation from the United Nations Association.

      I hope to see you there!

      Bill Bryant
      United Nations Association of the USA
      Greater OKC Chapter