Do You Know These People?

  • wildbill73107@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 12:22 PM

      TO: Members and Friends of the UN Association of Greater OKC

      Please take a look at this short list of names:

      Stephen Morrow
      Lieneke Mous
      Lydia Polley
      Boston Snowden
      Jo Snyder

      Do you know any of these people?

      They have been nominated to serve as directors of our little chapter of the UN Association. When we have our Spring Luncheon and meeting on Saturday, April 23rd, our members will vote on their election to our board of directors.

      I think it is a strong slate of candidates.

      Included among our nominees we have a teacher at Oklahoma City Community College -- a professor of English. He is the faculty advisor for the college's student peace group.

      Another nominee is a teacher / dancer / singer / choreographer and a recent graduate of the University of Oklahoma, where she was active in the community of international students.

      One of our nominees is a leader in her church in Oklahoma City. Another is a real estate professional and a native of Brooklyn, NY.

      "Community activist" describes another of our candidates. She has deep roots in Central Oklahoma, having worked in community development for many years.

      It is a diverse group of candidates. Yet, they are united by a common desire -- as stated in the UN Charter -- "to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom." They understand the value of shared leadership and concerted action. They appreciate the role of the United Nations in today's inter-connected world. I am looking forward to serving with them on the board of directors for our Oklahoma City chapter of the UN Association.

      I hope you will choose to be present on April 23rd when we vote on this slate of nominees.

      In addition to voting on our new class of chapter leaders, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a good meal with other friends and members of the United Nations. And, we will have a panel of young people who will describe their involvement in programs designed to advance social progress and better standards of life.

      To reserve your place at the luncheon, please visit our website:

      www.una-okc.org

      You'll find a link to our "Spring Luncheon" page where you can download a registration form. Just print it out, fill it in, and mail it to the address indicated.

      Or, simpler still, you can send an email to Luis Daniel Palacios (our Vice President of Programs):

      luisdaniel@...

      Or, to be really simple, just give me a call at 405-760-5322. That's my mobile phone in Oklahoma City. If I don't answer it right away, just leave a message. Be sure to give me your name, email address, and telephone number. Oh, and we'll need to know how many people will be attending with you.

      Tickets are $20.

      There is limited seating for the luncheon, so please reserve your spot ASAP.

      I hope to see you on April 23rd!

      Bill Bryant
      President, Greater OKC Chapter
      United Nations Association of the USA