Support Your Local UN Association

  • wildbill73107@cox.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2010

      TO: Members and Friends of the United Nations Association
      (Greater Oklahoma City Chapter)

      This month, please support your local United Nations Association.

      In April, we have lots of activities on the calendar that you might be interested in.

      Here's a short list:

      Monday, April 12th ... Professor Christina Misner delivers a talk on child soldiers. "Can the Problem of Child Soldiers Be Addressed by US Asylum Laws?" The program is co-sponsored by the International Human Rights Law Association at Oklahoma City University. The talk begins at 5pm at the Sarkeys Law Center at OCU. Find more information at our website:

      www.una-okc.org

      Tuesday, April 13th ... If you haven't visited the Respect Diversity Exhibit at Science Museum Oklahoma, please make a point to see it. You'll be amazed. Hundreds of Oklahoma students have collaborated on the production of some wonderful works of art. The "gala" celebration will start at 5pm. We encourage all our members to attend. For more info, visit our website:

      www.una-okc.org

      Wednesday, April 14th ... OCU's Distinguished Speakers Series presents Ishmail Beah, a celebrated advocate of the human rights of children. Mr. Beah has appeared on numerous occasions on behalf of UNICEF, Human Rights Watch, the United Nations Secretary General’s Office for Children and Armed Conflict, and others. The speech is free and open to the public, 7:30pm. Kirkpatrick Fine Arts Center. Our website has more details:

      www.una-okc.org

      Saturday, April 24th ... Our annual Spring Meeting and Luncheon. Please don't miss this year's program. Our keynote speaker will be Professor Mohamed Daadaoui. We'll also celebrate the winner of our annual high school essay contest, Mr. Jen-Lor Fung, Norman North High School. Not least of all, we will honor the memory of Mr. Bhojraj Luchmun -- the courageous UN Peacekeeper who lost his life earlier this year in the service of peace. To order your tickets, follow the instructions on our website:

      www.una-okc.org

      There are more events coming up later this month that you will want to know about. Please be sure to stay in touch.

      Here's how:

      <> Check your email in-box; maintain your subscription to the "UNA-OKC" email list.

      <> Visit our website regularly. (www.una-okc.org)

      <> If you have a Facebook account, please become a "fan" of UN Association OKC. You can sign up here:

      www.facebook.com/page/UN-Association-OKC/34179465940?ref=ts

      Thanks for being a supporter of the UN Association!

      Bill Bryant
      Chapter Volunteer

      .

    • wildbill73107@cox.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2010

        Join our Facebook Fan Page

        TO: Members and Friends of the United Nations Association
        (Greater Oklahoma City Chapter)

        Oops ... In my previous message, I gave you a link to our Facebook Fan page. But, the link was incorrect. My error. 'Sorry about that!

        Here's the correct link:

        www.facebook.com/pages/UN-Association-OKC/341794695940?ref=ts

        If you use Facebook, please consider joining other fans of our local chapter of the United Nations Association.

        Also: I really hope you can attend our Spring Luncheon on Saturday, April 24th. It is a great way to express your support for your local UN Association. You'll enjoy good food and good company, an inspiring program. You'll feel good about yourself and your community. Order your tickets today!

        Find more information on our webpage:

        www.una-okc.org

        Thanks!

        Bill Bryant