Conserving our Natural Inheritance

  • Bill Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      Expressing our Appreciation
      for the Good Work of Mr. Ben Pollard
      and the Oklahoma Conservation Commission

      If you remember the days of The Dust Bowl -- the period of drought and dust storms that struck the plains states in the 1930's -- you probably have a good sense of appreciation for the vital work of Ben Pollard, the winner of our 2013 UNA-OKC Public Service Award.

      Mr. Pollard is the assistant director of the Oklahoma Conservation Commission, a state agency that promotes the conservation of our state's natural resources.

      The Conservation Commission was created in 1937 in response to the Dust Bowl, the worst man-made disaster in American history. The Commission, working in partnership with local conservation districts and the federal Natural Resources Conservation, provides technical, financial and educational assistance to landowners to protect and conserve the state's soil and water resources. The vision of the Commission is "Responsible Care for Oklahoma's Natural Resources."

      We think Mr. Pollard is an exemplary choice for our Public Service Award. His professional accomplishments reflect a commitment to excellence and innovation in government.

      Read More ...

      The United Nations Association of the USA
      Are You a Member Yet?