Our Public Service Award Winner

  • Bill Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      Our Public Service Award Winner

      Monday, June 24th -- Yesterday was UN Public Service Day, an international day designated to honor the essential contributions of public administrators and workers in every level of government.

      To mark the occasion, our chapter of the United Nations Association of the USA has selected the 2013 recipient of our Public Service Award.

      This year's winner is Mr. Ben Pollard, Assistant Director of the Oklahoma Conservation Commission.

      Mr. Pollard was nominated by UNA-USA member Dorothy Messenger.

      In making her nomination, Dorothy commented:

      "The programs of the Conservation Commission are somewhat unique in that they are voluntary and not regulatory. The philosophy of the nominee and the agency is that government can and should work cooperatively with landowners to address soil erosion and water quality issues. Win / Win results are possible when landowners can maintain productive agricultural operations while also protecting natural resources for future generations."

      More news about Mr. Pollard's selection as our award recipient will be published on our website within the next few days.

      A public presentation of the UNA-USA Public Service Award will be made on Monday, July 1st, as part of a scheduled meeting of the Oklahoma Conservation Commission.

      Congratulations to Mr. Pollard for earning this high honor!

      Bill Bryant
      Communications Director
      Oklahoma City Chapter
      United Nations Association of the USA