The Jeane Kirkpatrick Brigade!

  • Bill Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2012
      TO:  Members & Friends of the United Nations Association

      The Jeane Kirkpatrick Brigade!

      Today, I am announcing the formation of the Jeane Kirkpatrick Brigade -- an informal, loosely organized group of volunteers who are willing to make a stand
      in support of the United Nations.

      I don't intend for this group to be any sort of military outfit.  We won't wear any insignia.  Our objective is to engage in friendly, thoughtful discussion.
      Our weapons will be evidence and logic.  We hope to win the struggle for public opinion in our state.

      If we are able to prevail in our quest, the Oklahoma Legislature will vote No on HJR 1072, an anti-UN resolution that is currently advancing in the Oklahoma
      House of Representatives.

      Our "brigade" is named in memory of Ambassador Jeane Kirkpatrick, America's first woman ambassador to the United Nations and a native daughter of our state.  You probably know that Ms. Kirkpatrick was appointed by President Ronald Reagan.  She served our nation in some of the most contentious years of the Cold War, 1981 to 1985.

      To join the Jeane Kirkpatrick Brigade, you do not have to pay any special dues. (Membership in the UN Association is always encouraged). You do not have to take an oath or pledge your honor.

      All you have to do is contact your State Representative and express your support for American leadership in the United Nations.  Ask him / her to oppose HJR 1072.

      You can use email, postal mail, or a quick telephone call to carry out your mission.

      It's as simple as that!

      To make your task even easier, we have created an online resource page where you can find helpful background information about HJR 1072.  You can find a link to the Oklahoma House of Representatives webpage (members directory).  AND, you'll find a set of four downloadable messages that you are welcome to print and mail.

      Please act now.  Time is short, and many volunteers will be needed to answer the anti-UN voices in our Legislature.

      If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

      Thanks for your great support for American leadership in our global community!

      Bill Bryant
      President, OKC Chapter
      United Nations Association of the USA
      Mobile ... 405-760-5322