Welcome

  • rimmerino
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      I am a biker by day and a backpacker interested in lightweight
      whereever possible by night. From the BackpackingLight group I got the
      idea of doing some touring on bicycle using some of the same
      principles, gear and philosophy as UltraLight and LightWeight
      backpacking.

      I have done some touring in the past but mostly with clothing to deal
      with inclement weather (Icefield Parkway in Canada) that comes at you
      without a moments notice. The idea of carrying everything you need in
      your panniers or on your back became intriguing and there were others
      as well.

      Ive been thinking about doing some touring across the US and wanted to
      hear other experiences and ideas.