Calculating distance on a DI-720

  • smit4285
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2011
      Hello,

      We are using a magnetic switch on a treadmill pulley. It sends a spike (~.5 volts) with each pulley revolution. We would like to calculate distance based off this using windaq (real time, if possible) and aren't quite sure how to go about it.

      We could use the counter if necessary and just calibrate the number of pulses to the distance we are interested in measuring, but could we somehow use the counter on a calculated channel to display distance real time?

      We are relatively new to using these add-ons so any help or direction is welcome and appreciated.
    • ultimaserial
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
        The beta release of Event Counter addresses this application

        http://www.ultimaserial.com/wcounter.html

        It can
        1) Trigger on an analog signal, such as trigger level of "0.5"
        2) Perform math to the count, such as #COUNT*2.2+3
        3) Add unit to the result, such as "cm"

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
          A new feature is added today:

          One key to send the current result to WinDaq file as a commented event marker