C-Bus SIM modules available soon.

  • ukusaconsulting
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
      Hey :-)

      Clipsal Aus have just confirmed they have shipped me some SIM modules for the gateways so I should be able to offer them to anyone currently using the gateway via a serial cable connection to a C-Bus PCI. Or for anyone using a socket connection to a CNI. The gateways all have a socket for the SIM and you can just plug it in, change a couple of jumpers and plug C-Bus directly into a gateway socket. I also supply a small C-Bus splitter cable for those needing a pass through C-Bus connection.

      Until they arrive and I have the import duties, shipping and VAT charges I'm not exactly sure how much they will be but I'm guessing around £75 + shipping.

      Drop me an email if you would like one - hopefully available in a couple of weeks....

      cheers Kevin
    • Paul Nash
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2011
        Hi Kevin,
        Thanks for the email, if you could put me down for one of the sim modules that would be great.
        Hope you're well.
        Regards
        Paul

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 05/08/2011, at 7:45, "ukusaconsulting" <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

        Hey :-)

        Clipsal Aus have just confirmed they have shipped me some SIM modules for the gateways so I should be able to offer them to anyone currently using the gateway via a serial cable connection to a C-Bus PCI. Or for anyone using a socket connection to a CNI. The gateways all have a socket for the SIM and you can just plug it in, change a couple of jumpers and plug C-Bus directly into a gateway socket. I also supply a small C-Bus splitter cable for those needing a pass through C-Bus connection.

        Until they arrive and I have the import duties, shipping and VAT charges I'm not exactly sure how much they will be but I'm guessing around £75 + shipping.

        Drop me an email if you would like one - hopefully available in a couple of weeks....

        cheers Kevin

      • Paul Gale
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2011
          That's a bit of a turn up for the books then!

          What convinced them to finally sell them?

          Cheers,

          Paul.

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2011
            Great! Just in time for my upcoming trip to the UK.

            Best regards,
            liew

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2011
              Prospect of turnover? :-)

              Phil

              Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...

              On 5 Aug 2011, at 10:52, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

              > That's a bit of a turn up for the books then!
              >
              > What convinced them to finally sell them?
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Paul.

            • Phil Harris
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2011
                Actually - I wonder where my CBus gateway is? What did it look like?

                Oh yeah - my HV is buggered anyway! :-(

                On 5 Aug 2011, at 14:56, Phil Harris <phil@...> wrote:

                > Prospect of turnover? :-)
                >
                > Phil
                >
                > Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...
                >
                > On 5 Aug 2011, at 10:52, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:
                >
                >> That's a bit of a turn up for the books then!
                >>
                >> What convinced them to finally sell them?
                >>
                >> Cheers,
                >>
                >> Paul.

              • Kevin Hawkins
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 20, 2011
                  The SIM's are here, just awaiting the DHL import invoice to finalise
                  the cost ...

                  cheers Kevin

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
                    Due to the way the licenses are implemented in the gateway firmware
                    I'm no longer able to create further versions of the 'current' beta 1
                    stable firmware which is circa v22a . A couple of you might have
                    slightly later versions . So newer gateways that I packaged up today,
                    complete with on board C-Bus SIM's :-) have all gone out with beta 2
                    firmware. This is a bit of a leap of faith but I've been running it for
                    several months, as well as a couple of users and it seems solid. It may
                    behave slightly differently to beta 1 if you already have a gateway or
                    if you were to update; if you notice anything let me know. If there are
                    any issues I'll get them looked at straight away .

                    Upgrades: Beta 2 has been available upon request for a while now
                    and I'll post the updated image to this group in a few weeks time, after
                    any feedback, so that anyone can upgrade (there is no charge). However
                    there isn't any pressing need to do this, there are no reported
                    outstanding bugs in beta 1 and although a couple of new features have
                    been added most of the changes were in memory management to squeeze some
                    more code into the processor. So I'd really recommend you stay where
                    you are.

                    Downgrades: NB: You should never downgrade your gateway to a
                    firmware version prior to the version it was shipped with as you will
                    lose your license keys. You should however be able to upgrade and get
                    them back again if this did happen. This does mean that the latest beta
                    2 users will not be able to downgrade to beta 1 - so I'm keeping my
                    fingers crossed.

                    Cheers Kevin
                  • Kevin Hawkins
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 31, 2011
                      C-Bus SIM's will be £75.00 including a C-Bus splitter cable so you can
                      daisy chain your C-Bus cable. They're available now.
                      UK shipping is £5.50 by Special Delivery. Other countries upon request.
                      Payment by cheque / bank transfer.

                      (or by PayPal but this would be £83)

                      Cheers Kevin