My Gateway won't connect to HV. (repost from email)

  • Kevin Hawkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hello Kelvin,
      I finally got around to connecting the gateway to the HV Pro and the C-bus.

      Unfortunately, it doesn't apprears to be working. After following the instructions in the 'get you going guide', it appears that the gateway does not respond to the commends from HV serial port #3. When I send a on/off command from the HVXL Custom Lighting Light Control, I can see the TX led for serial 3 light up but there the RX led doesnt light up.

      Also, there isnt the lively exchange of info between the HVPro and the gateway for about 50 secs.

      The ethernet gateway responds to the ping command. When I use Firefox, I can view the C-Bus Homevision Gateway Home page and when I select C-Bus status, all the ID icons are grey. I have the 5500PC interface, 1 unit of L5512RVF Din relay output module and 1 unit of L5512RVFP Din relay output module.

      On bothe the C-bus and the Homevision status pages, there is a "xAPRabbit : 1: Init" display.(1: Init is in blue. The message is displayed for a long time.

      I attach herewith the techinfo file from HVXL and also the back up from the C-bus tool kit for my project for your reference.

      Please help.

      thanks,
      liew
    • Kevin Hawkins
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
        yuengchoong liew wrote:

        Hello Kevin,
        Success at last. Serial port 3 was jumpered to RS485 mode!!!!!

        thanks,
        liew