C-Bus Press Announcement re protocol and SIM availability

  • Kevin Hawkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009
      Hi all,

      As you're probably all aware Clipsal have announced that they will
      shortly be releasing their full application protocol information into
      the public domain, which I think is great news for wider adoption of
      their system. I wonder how much bearing the Philips acquisition of
      Dynalite had on this decision ;-)

      One interesting paragraph in that press release also says that later
      in 2009 they will be making the SIM module 5000SM/2 generally available
      and so the supply of the onboard modules for the gateway should resume
      towards the end of the year :-) I have emailed them to see if , as a
      C-Bus Enabled partner, I can source any in advance and will let you
      know.

      It's slightly annoying that I wasn't advised they were going to do
      this as I have spent many weeks of work trying to hone the gateway
      firmware in preparation for formal approval, however as I still have
      some aspects to tackle it also saves me that extra work.... The
      gateway implements the C-Bus protocol at Level 5 , which is the highest
      possible via a SIM module. Once the docs are published this will make
      more sense. Unfortunately Level 5 accreditation also mandates support
      for 'learn enabld (arrrgh !) which is inappropriate for the gateway ..
      and was the ongoing hurdle... but no more... :-)

      Clipsal Press Release
      http://www.cbus-enabled.com/news-8.htm