Integrating xAP devices into HomeVision

  • Kevin Hawkins
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 5, 2008
      I have uploaded the first pass of a document that covers a new feature
      of the gateway for the next firmware b22 (which I will be posting here
      soon).

      b22 allows you to create xAP BSC devices in HomeVision and to control
      these devices within all standard HV features as named devices. They
      are synchronised, controllable, update realtime and can trigger
      actions based on state change just like C-Bus. The gateway obviously
      requires you have the xAP and HV personalities enabled but the extra
      features are free - a bonus :-)

      Now you can use HV as a xAP controller or include xAP devices within
      HV. If you need more I/O in HV this is ideal. The macro language
      within HV is very powerful allowing logical interactions and scheduled
      events to be setup on your xAP network with ease... and no PC required.

      There are many xAP BSC applications and devices including the
      favourite Phaedrus Netiom with inputs, outputs, relays(option) ,
      analog inputs, counters, latches etc. There are also embedded devices
      and applications for 1-wire, weather stations, DMX Lighting, Dynalite,
      application/device monitoring (Ethernet) , relay outputs , switch
      inputs etc. Also interlinking with HA applications like HomeSeer,
      MisterHouse, XLobby , MainLobby (via HS), HouseBot (great Touchscreen
      application) etc.

      I know someone is already using HV to control their new RGB DMX lights ;-)

      Any thoughts at this stage (whilst I'm finalising the firmware) much
      appreciated ..

      cheers K
    • Kevin Hawkins
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 5, 2008
        It's in the files area as a Word doc.
        Using xAP devices in HV
        http://tinyurl.com/2egksr

        --- In ukusa_gateway@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Hawkins"
        <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

        > I have uploaded the first pass of a document that covers a new feature
        > of the gateway for the next firmware b22
      • Paul Gale
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 5, 2008
          Cool - so I can dig out the Netiom I've never used and get that working - just need to think of a use for it! Maybe controlling the Velux windows from the new node0 :)

          Paul (AKA the HV DMX RGB control kid)

        • Paul Gale
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 5, 2008
            BTW - that link doesn't work for me - web page not found.

            Paul.

          • Frank Mc Alinden
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 5, 2008
              Hi Paul

              What DMX Controller didi you end up using ???

              Frank

              > Cool - so I can dig out the Netiom I've never used and get that working -
              > just need to think of a use for it! Maybe controlling the Velux windows
              > from the new node0 :)
              >
              > Paul (AKA the HV DMX RGB control kid)

            • Paul Gale
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 5, 2008
                Hi Frank.

                I'm using the Milford Instruments RS232 to DMX controller. The LED controller is an Abstract AVR LUD48 here:

                http://www.abstractavr.com/leddrivers/lud48/

                I'm also using Kevin's gateway and Lehane's DMX xAP controller app. Kevin kindly spent a lot of time tweaking to ensure the app works :) Works a treat now.

                Paul.

              • Frank Mc Alinden
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 6, 2008
                  Hi Paul

                  I hope you have better luck than i did with the Milfords DMX
                  Controller.......Hows Kevins CBUS controller tied in with the DMX stuff..??
                  I assume its a xAP thing ??

                • Paul Gale
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 6, 2008
                    Yes - I was mindful of your problems - fingers crossed! It's not mission critical lighting though, so not such a problem if something does go wrong although would be a PITA.

                    Yes - xAP - HV can see the DMX devices (channels) as xAP BSC devices - so HV updates in real time and can control them fully. This LED controller has RGB (or HSL as a config option) and dim channels and also a macro mode a little like Gerry's RGB board (which I've still not used yet!!!). Was there some form of DMX control for Gerry's board?

                    Paul.

                  • Frank Mc Alinden
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 6, 2008
                      Hi Paul

                      >Was there some form of DMX control for Gerry's board?

                      Gerry was thinking of doing some sort of DMX interface although i dont
                      think hes gotten round to doing anything as yet.......You could control
                      control Gerrys board via Homevision...How many of Gerrys boards did you get
                      ???

                      Frank

                      > Yes - I was mindful of your problems - fingers crossed! It's not mission
                      > critical lighting though, so not such a problem if something does go wrong
                      > although would be a PITA.
                      >
                      > Yes - xAP - HV can see the DMX devices (channels) as xAP BSC devices - so
                      > HV updates in real time and can control them fully. This LED controller
                      > has RGB (or HSL as a config option) and dim channels and also a macro mode
                      > a little like Gerry's RGB board (which I've still not used yet!!!). Was
                      > there some form of DMX control for Gerry's board?
                      >
                      > Paul.

                    • Paul Gale
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 6, 2008
                        Three I think. Can't remember what the control method is from HV?

                        Paul.

                      • Frank Mc Alinden
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 6, 2008
                          You would need a serial port on HV to send ascii commands.........Or if
                          short on serial ports use Gerrys Sequencer connected to one of my irRGBLED
                          Boards..this would allow you to trigger up to 24 Sequences .....Have a look
                          here for Gerrys Sequencer.......
                          http://www.rgbled.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176

                          and here for my irRGBLED Board

                          http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z38/frankmc_2007/IMG_0675.jpg

                          http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z38/frankmc_2007/IMG_0661.jpg

                          Frank

                          > Three I think. Can't remember what the control method is from HV?
                          >
                          > Paul.

                        • Paul Gale
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 6, 2008
                            Thanks Frank - I'm a way off getting those working yet but will bear that in mind.

                            Cheers,

                            Paul.

                          • Paul Gale
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 7, 2008
                              Still can't see the doc :(

                              Paul.

                            • Kevin Hawkins
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 7, 2008
                                Well I don't know what else to do as I can see it. Are you sure you're
                                logged in to Yahoo when you're looking in the files area ? Can you see
                                the messages in the web interface ?

                                Kevin

                                Paul Gale wrote:
                                > Still can't see the doc :(
                                >
                                > Paul.

                              • Paul Gale
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 8, 2008
                                  Ah, no I wasn't logged in - just clicked that link - wasn't aware that it was in the files area as you posted that tinyurl - thought it was somewhere else
                                  .
                                  Looks like that link doesn't work as it doesn't ask you to login, even if you have another window open and logged in.

                                  Manually going to the files area, I can see the doc thanks :)

                                  Paul.