I'm having some problems...

  • Gary Tall
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hi folks.

      After weeks of faultless reliability I'm having frequent problems
      now. Often the gateway stops working and then its a pain to get it
      working again.

      Whenever I have the problem the green lights on the ethernet board
      are off. A slight touch and they work again although it then may take
      me many times of cycling power to get things working again.

      I have made sure there is strain relief on the cable and for the last
      week have been running with no network cable connected to ensure no
      strain whatsoever. Walking through the barn last night the first set
      of lights turned on but the next did not and I again had to power
      cycle a number of times, all to no avail as it would work for a few
      minutes and stop again.

      This morning I did manage to get it working again when I left at 5.30
      but by 6.30 when the wife got up they had stopped again.

      Any advice on some further way to secure the ethernet board to the
      main board or an alternative resolution?

      Cheers
      Gary
    • Gary Tall
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 21, 2008