bsc.query

  • max barker
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
      I've started playing with opn-max and I immediately noticed that it hasn't discovered xAP C-Bus devices. I sent off a bsc.query manually from viewer and the C-Bus gateway is responding with a xap.debug message
      BSCcmd RX
      {
      debug=?BSC 2 >
      }

      Does the gateway currently support bsc.query and wildcarding?

      Max
    • Kevin Hawkins
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
        I've been playing too , and you're right it doesn't recognise the
        gateway :-) I've already posted a question re this to the opnmax list
        but it's moderated and so it, indeed no user messages have yet appeared.

        I reasoned that this was to do with the xAP v1.3 format of the UID used
        in the gateway but I'm not sure. I don't believe that opnmax sends any
        xAPBSC.query messages until it at least picks up the main source address
        , which it doesn't. However regardless you shouldn't be seeing that
        response from the gateway.

        Can you send me a copy of the query message you used and was it targeted
        at an endpoint or at the whole application ?

        Ahh - just tried this and

        target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:> works fine as do all the combinations I
        hope

        target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus doesn't and produces the message you see -
        let me check on the spec to see if I should support this .......

        Kevin

        max barker wrote:
        > I've started playing with opn-max and I immediately noticed that it
        > hasn't discovered xAP C-Bus devices. I sent off a bsc.query manually
        > from viewer and the C-Bus gateway is responding with a xap.debug message
        > BSCcmd RX
        > {
        > debug=?BSC 2 >
        > }
        >
        > Does the gateway currently support bsc.query and wildcarding?
        >
        > Max

      • Kevin Hawkins
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
          Just checked in opnmax....

          target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus:>
          vs
          target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus

          The latter does produce the bad BSC response (which it shouldn't) but
          the former I think works correctly, and opnmax seems to correctly use
          the former .

          I think its the xAP V1.3 format that's throwing opnmax.

          --- In ukusa_gateway@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

          > I've been playing too , and you're right it doesn't recognise the
          > gateway :-) I've already posted a question re this to the opnmax list
          > but it's moderated and so it, indeed no user messages have yet appeared.
          >
          > I reasoned that this was to do with the xAP v1.3 format of the UID used
          > in the gateway but I'm not sure. I don't believe that opnmax sends any
          > xAPBSC.query messages until it at least picks up the main source
          address
          > , which it doesn't. However regardless you shouldn't be seeing that
          > response from the gateway.
          >
          > Can you send me a copy of the query message you used and was it
          targeted
          > at an endpoint or at the whole application ?
          >
          > Ahh - just tried this and
          >
          > target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:> works fine as do all the combinations I
          > hope
          >
          > target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus doesn't and produces the message you see -
          > let me check on the spec to see if I should support this .......
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          > max barker wrote:
          > > I've started playing with opn-max and I immediately noticed that it
          > > hasn't discovered xAP C-Bus devices. I sent off a bsc.query manually
          > > from viewer and the C-Bus gateway is responding with a xap.debug
          message
          > > BSCcmd RX
          > > {
          > > debug=?BSC 2 >
          > > }
          > >
          > > Does the gateway currently support bsc.query and wildcarding?
          > >
          > > Max

        • max barker
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
            From memory I tried target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus:>, target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus:* and target=ukusa.>. I'll double check when I get home later.

            Max

            On 01/10/2007, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

            Just checked in opnmax....

            target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus:>
            vs
            target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus

            The latter does produce the bad BSC response (which it shouldn't) but
            the former I think works correctly, and opnmax seems to correctly use
            the former .

            I think its the xAP V1.3 format that's throwing opnmax.

            --- In ukusa_gateway@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

            > I've been playing too , and you're right it doesn't recognise the
            > gateway :-) I've already posted a question re this to the opnmax list
            > but it's moderated and so it, indeed no user messages have yet appeared.
            >
            > I reasoned that this was to do with the xAP v1.3 format of the UID used
            > in the gateway but I'm not sure. I don't believe that opnmax sends any
            > xAPBSC.query messages until it at least picks up the main source
            address
            > , which it doesn't. However regardless you shouldn't be seeing that
            > response from the gateway.
            >
            > Can you send me a copy of the query message you used and was it
            targeted
            > at an endpoint or at the whole application ?
            >
            > Ahh - just tried this and
            >
            > target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:> works fine as do all the combinations I
            > hope
            >
            > target= UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus doesn't and produces the message you see -
            > let me check on the spec to see if I should support this .......
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            > max barker wrote:
            > > I've started playing with opn-max and I immediately noticed that it
            > > hasn't discovered xAP C-Bus devices. I sent off a bsc.query manually
            > > from viewer and the C-Bus gateway is responding with a xap.debug
            message
            > > BSCcmd RX
            > > {
            > > debug=?BSC 2 >
            > > }
            > >
            > > Does the gateway currently support bsc.query and wildcarding?
            > >
            > > Max

          • max barker
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
              I can't get either to work with my gateway. Messages modified from the opn-max's bsc.query messages

              xap-header
              {
              v=12
              hop=1
              uid=FF017700
              class=xAPBSC.query
              source=opnode.opnmax.xapmaster
              target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:>
              }
              request
              {
              }

              I've tried dropping the target= to all lower case with the same, lack of, results.

              Max

              On 01/10/2007, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

              Just checked in opnmax....

              target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus:>
              vs
              target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus

              The latter does produce the bad BSC response (which it shouldn't) but
              the former I think works correctly, and opnmax seems to correctly use
              the former .

              I think its the xAP V1.3 format that's throwing opnmax.

              --- In ukusa_gateway@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

              > I've been playing too , and you're right it doesn't recognise the
              > gateway :-) I've already posted a question re this to the opnmax list
              > but it's moderated and so it, indeed no user messages have yet appeared.
              >
              > I reasoned that this was to do with the xAP v1.3 format of the UID used
              > in the gateway but I'm not sure. I don't believe that opnmax sends any
              > xAPBSC.query messages until it at least picks up the main source
              address
              > , which it doesn't. However regardless you shouldn't be seeing that
              > response from the gateway.
              >
              > Can you send me a copy of the query message you used and was it
              targeted
              > at an endpoint or at the whole application ?
              >
              > Ahh - just tried this and
              >
              > target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:> works fine as do all the combinations I
              > hope
              >
              > target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus doesn't and produces the message you see -
              > let me check on the spec to see if I should support this .......
              >
              > Kevin
              >
              > max barker wrote:
              > > I've started playing with opn-max and I immediately noticed that it
              > > hasn't discovered xAP C-Bus devices. I sent off a bsc.query manually
              > > from viewer and the C-Bus gateway is responding with a xap.debug
              message
              > > BSCcmd RX
              > > {
              > > debug=?BSC 2 >
              > > }
              > >
              > > Does the gateway currently support bsc.query and wildcarding?
              > >
              > > Max

            • Kevin Hawkins
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
                Perhaps it's something to do with the licensing because the exact
                message below copy /pasted works for me - I am using HomeVision and
                therefore have some named sub addresses for my C-Bus endpoints.
                Tomorrow I'll try running a non HV version and see if it fails.

                Kevin

              • max barker
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 7, 2007
                  Reposting details from the opnode list:-

                  OPN-MAX now correctly discovers xAP 1.3 UIDs.
                  Gateway is using firmware BETA 01 B18, C-Bus and xAP configuration

                  As before, target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus:> returns nothing.
                  target=ukusa.gateway.c-bus or target=ukusa.gateway.> returns the debug
                  message:
                  BSCcmd RX
                  {
                  debug=?BSC 2 >
                  }

                  max barker wrote:
> [...]

                  > > target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus:> works fine as do all the combinations I
                  > > hope
                  > >
                  > > target=UKUSA.gateway.C-Bus doesn't and produces the message you
                  > see -
                  > > let me check on the spec to see if I should support this .......
                  > >
                  > > Kevin
                  > >
                  > > max barker wrote:
                  > > > I've started playing with opn-max and I immediately noticed
                  > that it
                  > > > hasn't discovered xAP C-Bus devices. I sent off a bsc.query
                  > manually
                  > > > from viewer and the C-Bus gateway is responding with a xap.debug
                  > message
                  > > > BSCcmd RX
                  > > > {
                  > > > debug=?BSC 2 >
                  > > > }
                  > > >
                  > > > Does the gateway currently support bsc.query and wildcarding?

                  __

                • Kevin Hawkins
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 7, 2007
                    Taking a look now Max (whilst watching the Rugby too) , loading a non HV
                    version as it works correctly otherwise as HV creates names for the
                    endpoints. It's obvioulsy something in my 'generic' endpoint filtering
                    - in the meantime you can trigger BSC events manually to get opnmax to
                    see them - or wait for the periodic 10 min update.

                  • Kevin Hawkins
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 8, 2007
                      This is now fixed for C-Bus in the next beta and it was only an issue in
                      non HV versions :-)

                      However there's a more complex issue in targeting the whole
                      HomeVision side
                      eg target=ukusa.gateway.Homevision:>

                      Currently I require the I/O category be present in the sub address
                      eg target=ukusa.gateway.Homevision:input.>

                      as there is so much that can get reported - potentially over 1000
                      end nodes using a full wildcard . I also reasoned that it protected
                      against altering every bit of I/O , including variables and flags with a
                      mistargeted BSC.cmd message. However it isn't really tothe BSC/xAP spec
                      this way so , at least for queries, I shall put this on the todo list.

                      PS Max if you want a version of software with all lowercase on/off
                      states let me know....I might do this anyway.

                    • max barker
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 11, 2007
                        Sorry, missed this message the other night.
                        I'm in no rush for all lowercase, Daniel will probably fix the opn-max issue in this weekends bug squashing. I aren't relying on 100% accurate reporting of state in opn-max...at the moment anyway.

                        Max

                        _