PSU problem

  • Gary Tall
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2007
      I tried to turn on my gateway this morning but unfortunately although
      the led on the psu was glowing, the gateway was dead. Tests with a
      multimeter showed the psu to be putting out only 1.3v

      I've now borrowed a universal psu from a friend and the gateway is
      working fine with it on the 9v setting.

      Kevin, what do you recommend as a replacement?

      Regards
      Gary
    • Kevin Hawkins
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
        Gary Tall wrote:
        > I tried to turn on my gateway this morning but unfortunately although
        > the led on the psu was glowing, the gateway was dead. Tests with a
        > multimeter showed the psu to be putting out only 1.3v
        >
        > I've now borrowed a universal psu from a friend and the gateway is
        > working fine with it on the 9v setting.
        >
        > Kevin, what do you recommend as a replacement?

        I haven't ever had one of these fail - so I'll send you a replacement
        FOC. The underside switch is set correctly is it ? Just try revolving
        it a little and resetting it to 7.5V or 9V

        Kevin

        > Regards
        > Gary
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Kevin Hawkins
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
          Sorry - manic few days - anyway I'll try and get beta 2 out next day or
          so .. K

        • Gary Tall
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
          • Paul Gale
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2007
              Thanks Kevin, no rush.

              Cheers,

              Paul.

            • Kevin Hawkins
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 17, 2007
                Well - I'm swamped at the moment with things to do so I'm going to post
                the current beta as a beta 1 increment (18) and beta 2 will arrive later
                as I am aware there are a few aspects still to complete, nothing I think
                that will effect anyone here though. It has been running solidly for
                many weeks at home now , and I've been away a lot.. so I'm pretty happy
                with it, and it has the inbuilt xAP BSC synchronisation and control from HV.

                So tomorrow hopefully when I get a few minutes back home.

                Kevin