Welcome .. and purpose of the forum.

  • Kevin Hawkins
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2007
      Make use of this group to discuss any aspects of the UKUSA home
      automation embedded gateway , including support questions , bug
      reports , feature requests, ideas etc. Although originally launched
      with xAP, HomeVision and C-Bus support the hardware platform is very
      flexible and may be useful for other gateway functionality in the future.

      Please note however this is essentially a personal project for my
      own use in my home automation system and I offer units on an 'as is'
      basis with no representation as to suitabilty for purpose of any kind
      and no commitment to ongoing development or support. I need to say
      this because I am not a commercial company and in offering the units
      at as low a price as possible I make nothing on them. Having got
      that bit out the way I am keen to provide a really useful product of
      the highest quality and so I try and respond quickly to any issues
      there may be and to add suggested features that are useful to others.
      I also offer a 30 day refund should the product not meet your
      expectations.

      The product is now in beta and I have units available to test. In
      reality the product will probably stay beta for the forseeable future
      as I adapt and enhance the features and catch any bugs. Having
      something that works here is very different to having something that
      works for everyone of course so I am keen to get beta feedback from
      others.

      Lastly if you have questions not directly related to the gateway
      then there are other useful groups for HomeVision, C-Bus and xAP that
      may be more appropriate. I do ask that you don't use this forum as an
      advertising or sales platform for products though without asking me
      first, and that everyone be friendly and courteous.

      Kevin