Re: [ukusa_gateway] Re: Beta 17

  • Kevin Hawkins
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 4, 2007
      Any more issues before I release beta 2 ? Then I'm going to spend a
      little time sorting out any C-Bus certification issues....

      I have fixed some C-Bus aucilliary I/O issues and some wildcarding
      nuances too - when using HV

      Kevin Hawkins wrote:
      > If anyone is using the newly added HV inbuilt xAP BSC support then
      > please let me know so I can provide a later beta. I fixed a slight
      > issue that only effects this feature.
      >
      > Kevin
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Gary Tall
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 6, 2007

        Hopefully these won’t be too silly,

        Is the purpose of the splitter on the C-Bus SIM to allow further C-Bus devices to be daisy chained. If so and as I’ve had pink cable run to the location of the gateway with no need to daisy chain from this point can I just terminate the pink cable and plug it directly in the gateway.

        If I want to turn on a non C-Bus lighting group do I use the relevant “extra data” code rather than
        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

      • Kevin Hawkins
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 6, 2007
          Gary Tall wrote:

          > Hopefully these won’t be too silly,
          >
          > Is the purpose of the splitter on the C-Bus SIM to allow further C-Bus
          > devices to be daisy chained. If so and as I’ve had pink cable run to
          > the location of the gateway with no need to daisy chain from this
          > point can I just terminate the pink cable and plug it directly in the
          > gateway.

          Yes - the splitter is just for daisychaining - you can plug the C-Bus
          cable in directly to the grey socket - or you can actually terminate to
          the screw terminal block on the C-Bus SIM , ensuring you get the CBus+
          and CBus- the correct way around of course.

          > If I want to turn on a non C-Bus lighting group do I use the relevant
          > “extra data” code rather than 56. I have some fans attached to C-Bus
          > relays that I’d like to be able to turn on and off via Homevision
          > reading a temperature sensor.

          The realys normally sit on the lighting application so you probably
          still want to leave teh extra data at 56 (hex 38) . If they are for some
          reason sat on a different C-Bus application in your setup then yes you
          set the C-Bus application here. You would then ened to get involved in
          'application bridging' though on C-Bus which is possibly not what you want.

          > I’d like to wall mount the gateway, I take it it’s perfectly fine to
          > carefully take the board out , drill a couple of holes,

          Absolutely - as long as they're in the case not the board ;-)

          > mount it to the wall and then slide the board back in making sure it
          > does not touch the screw heads.

          Yes - The sides of the case are ridged which will allow you to move the
          board slightly higher for clearance as well. If you can secure the
          Ethernet cable so it doesn't cause any stress on the processor board
          that's great as without the endcaps the board can become dislodged quite
          easily.

          Cheers Kevin

          > Regards
          >
          > Gary

        • Paul Gale
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 7, 2007
            I've been away for a while - but no noticeable issues so far.

            Am away on hols for a few weeks from Fri though.

            Paul.
            Paul Gale
            Director
            paul@...
            Silicon Pixel Limited
            Tel: +44 (0)1367 243317
            Fax: +44 (0)1367 242332
            Mob: +44 (0)7900 885544

          • Gary Tall
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 7, 2007
              >Absolutely - as long as they're in the case not the board ;-)

              Ah, next you'll be telling me that those bumpy bits on the green resin
              thing matter :-)

              Cheers Kevin, one more, can I custom make a lead for homevision to the
              correct length for my install?

              Regards
              Gary