659RE: [ukusa_gateway] DLT and Saturn Scenes in the Gateway

  • Ben Wilkinson
    Nov 26, 2012

      Thanks for this Paul.   I can see what you’ve done (also see that the concept is described in Kevin’s gateway doc).   I probably should have done it this way from the start, as seems the HV serial buffer problems have been fixed very cleverly by Kevin.    Having done the scenes, I think it’s pretty easy to just tag a virtual group onto each switch and save setting them up in HV.    That way I can tell when each button has been pressed, like you are, set the scene in Cbus and do anything else I need doing in HV.     If I wanted to use one button to toggle through scenes (which is a nice idea), then I’d have to use HV alone.

      From: ukusa_gateway@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ukusa_gateway@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Gale
      Sent: 26 November 2012 13:35
      To: ukusa_gateway@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [ukusa_gateway] DLT and Saturn Scenes in the Gateway

      Not sure what your buffer overflow problems would be – not heard of that before.

      In a number of places, I use button on my DLT’s to set a group on/off and HV with the gateway detects this and performs all the macros etc that I need. The button is linked with a virtual group, so it’s not directly associated with a CB dimmer etc. This way the button can be set to do some logic processing before a light or appliance is actually turned on/off. This is done through the X10  module summary screen in HVXL – so I have on/off actions for the virtual CB group that actually control the lights/appliances.

      Of course you can also turn these groups on/off/dim to reflect the status on the DLT. Very powerful J

      Is that what you meant – that could be one way to trigger the scene? I guess you could also toggle through different scenes with one button – linked with some whole house text to speech to announce the scene – movie mode etc etc ;) It does rely on HV and the gateway to be up and stable but I’ve not had any issues for a long time J

      Paul.