Dragon Meet

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      Checked this games fair out yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see Carol, the perky American lass, formerly of
      the SFCP, there working for the organisors (Hogshead Publishing).

      As expected the event was mostly FRP and miniatures war gamers with a smattering of card players. Aside from Mike
      Eggleton there was not a single person among the clientele I recognised; the only people I recognised were sitting
      behind tables working the stalls.

      The Flagship magazine people very kindly offered desk space to me to leave some free sample zines and the Postal
      Gaming starter packfor people to take. A few were picked up but without Alex Bardy there to buttonhole them and give
      them GBH of the earhole we did not "hit" as many people as we might have. Then again, the people who took
      samples away did so because they wanted to, not because they wanted to shut me and Alex up ......

      Although - or maybe even because - the catchment was entirely different for the board games hobby I think it would be
      worth turning up next year with a stall and running a couple of demonstration games - I suggest RoboRally and Circus
      Max for this crowd.

      I'll try and organise this next year - did not really have much notice this year.

      John

      Fiendish Board Games - makers of games in the German style.
      Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic Lights.
      http://www.fbgames.co.uk