New En Garde! game

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2001
      Plugtime chaps!

      En Garde games are pretty thin on the ground these days, but I am happy to
      report that a new game is starting in Variable Pig. This is replacing Jim
      Reader's old game which, I'm reliably informed started in 1642 (oh alright
      then 1985). Roy Arnold, a long time player in Sun King and Small Furry
      Undergrads is the GM, and he's got lots of new ideas to liven things up. The
      following is copied from Variable Pig 78 (VP is free, though players are
      encourged to donate a few stamps).

      En Garde! 2 - GAMESTART August 1789
      "What If - The French Revolution Failed?"

      Two weeks have passed since M de Launay led a band of dissidents to storm
      the Bastille. It did not take the King's forces to apprehend M de Launay and
      the following week saw the much-expected trial of this much-hated enemy of
      The State. The verdict was a bit of a foregone conclusion as it was an
      overwhelming case for the prosecution. M de Launay was therefore convicted
      on many counts of treason and will be taken to a place of public execution
      in Week 4 of August. To celebrate this the King will be hosting a party at
      his expense to which all citizens of Paris and their mistresses are most
      welcome.

      This is the new game of En Garde!, which is running as a subzine within
      Variable Pig http://fp.sholing.f9.co.uk/Pig.htm. To join please contact the
      Subzine Editor (Roy Arnold) - ROY ARNOLD, Flat 3, 28, SPRING HILL,
      CROOKESMOOR, SHEFFIELD, S10 1ET
      Email: arnie@...

      Details of game information available between zine turnaround periods
      including new characters can be found at
      http://homepages.shu.ac.uk/~rcarnold/vpeg.html .