Re: [ukpbm] Giving Up

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2001
      In message <3AC4F510.7352@...>, John and Denny Colledge
      <dunorroch@...> writes
      >It would be a shame if you did give up Stephen, but I fear it is the
      >correct thing to do. I am sorry I haven't been much help over the past
      >year but I have had more important things to worry about, and to be
      >quite honest, I felt I wasn't getting a lot of support on the "donkey
      >work" front. I still feel we should have contacted the university and
      >college sites with games clubs, and I am really annoyed that the message
      >I sent to the World e-mail Diplomacy Championships crowd, (several
      >times) wasn't passed on. At least I don't know of anyone on the list who
      >received it - do you? I can't believe that the 15,000 thousand Dip
      >player only play Dip and nothing else. Mind you, if the way the thing is
      >being run is anything to go by, I can't say I am surprised!
      >Farewell, and thanks for your effort.

      You don't get rid of me that easily - it is only the web site I am
      closing down! :-)

      http://www.diplomacy-archive.com
    • David Vickers
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2001
        Hi, I have been on this list for a while, but not read all postings or
        played any games. Recently left university, but knew of no clubs. As for the
        site, well I would agree (I liked the envelope background) but perhaps
        postal is too old hat for most uni people, especially since you all get a
        free email account and many chances to surf.

        Perhaps the PBM should be converted, I know this is against the grain, but
        thats how it's going. I have been PBM'ing since 1985 with KJCGames and still
        get turns by post. Admittedly if they came by email, I would still print
        them out.

        Don't think this email has helped, but it gave me a chance to rant on,

        good luck guys

        Dave

        ---------------------------------------
        http://uk.geocities.com/vickers_david/
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2001
          In message <OE61ny7BXx4XFKpRcTC00000662@...>, David Vickers
          <david_vickers@...> writes
          >Hi, I have been on this list for a while, but not read all postings or
          >played any games. Recently left university, but knew of no clubs. As for the
          >site, well I would agree (I liked the envelope background) but perhaps
          >postal is too old hat for most uni people, especially since you all get a
          >free email account and many chances to surf.
          >
          >Perhaps the PBM should be converted, I know this is against the grain, but
          >thats how it's going. I have been PBM'ing since 1985 with KJCGames and still
          >get turns by post. Admittedly if they came by email, I would still print
          >them out.
          >
          >Don't think this email has helped, but it gave me a chance to rant on,

          Basically I agree with you.

          http://www.diplomacy-archive.com