Giving Up

  • John and Denny Colledge
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2001
      It would be a shame if you did give up Stephen, but I fear it is the
      correct thing to do. I am sorry I haven't been much help over the past
      year but I have had more important things to worry about, and to be
      quite honest, I felt I wasn't getting a lot of support on the "donkey
      work" front. I still feel we should have contacted the university and
      college sites with games clubs, and I am really annoyed that the message
      I sent to the World e-mail Diplomacy Championships crowd, (several
      times) wasn't passed on. At least I don't know of anyone on the list who
      received it - do you? I can't believe that the 15,000 thousand Dip
      player only play Dip and nothing else. Mind you, if the way the thing is
      being run is anything to go by, I can't say I am surprised!
      Farewell, and thanks for your effort.

      Cheers!

      John

      P.S. Now secretly I am hoping that someone will get huffy about this and
      offer to assist with sending e-mails to the aforementioned University
      and College games clubs and we will start the ball rolling agin, but I
      can't see it happening, can you?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2001
        In message <3AC4F510.7352@...>, John and Denny Colledge
        <dunorroch@...> writes
        >It would be a shame if you did give up Stephen, but I fear it is the
        >correct thing to do. I am sorry I haven't been much help over the past
        >year but I have had more important things to worry about, and to be
        >quite honest, I felt I wasn't getting a lot of support on the "donkey
        >work" front. I still feel we should have contacted the university and
        >college sites with games clubs, and I am really annoyed that the message
        >I sent to the World e-mail Diplomacy Championships crowd, (several
        >times) wasn't passed on. At least I don't know of anyone on the list who
        >received it - do you? I can't believe that the 15,000 thousand Dip
        >player only play Dip and nothing else. Mind you, if the way the thing is
        >being run is anything to go by, I can't say I am surprised!
        >Farewell, and thanks for your effort.

        You don't get rid of me that easily - it is only the web site I am
        closing down! :-)

        http://www.diplomacy-archive.com
      • David Vickers
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2001
          Hi, I have been on this list for a while, but not read all postings or
          played any games. Recently left university, but knew of no clubs. As for the
          site, well I would agree (I liked the envelope background) but perhaps
          postal is too old hat for most uni people, especially since you all get a
          free email account and many chances to surf.

          Perhaps the PBM should be converted, I know this is against the grain, but
          thats how it's going. I have been PBM'ing since 1985 with KJCGames and still
          get turns by post. Admittedly if they came by email, I would still print
          them out.

          Don't think this email has helped, but it gave me a chance to rant on,

          good luck guys

          Dave

          ---------------------------------------
          http://uk.geocities.com/vickers_david/
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2001
            In message <OE61ny7BXx4XFKpRcTC00000662@...>, David Vickers
            <david_vickers@...> writes
            >Hi, I have been on this list for a while, but not read all postings or
            >played any games. Recently left university, but knew of no clubs. As for the
            >site, well I would agree (I liked the envelope background) but perhaps
            >postal is too old hat for most uni people, especially since you all get a
            >free email account and many chances to surf.
            >
            >Perhaps the PBM should be converted, I know this is against the grain, but
            >thats how it's going. I have been PBM'ing since 1985 with KJCGames and still
            >get turns by post. Admittedly if they came by email, I would still print
            >them out.
            >
            >Don't think this email has helped, but it gave me a chance to rant on,

            Basically I agree with you.

            http://www.diplomacy-archive.com