MSO 2001

  • Mark Stretch
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2000
      I've been asked to run the "Play new games" section at the next Mind Sports
      Olympiad. Any suggestions for games to educate them with? Settlers? Lost
      Cities? Acquire? Any other ideas?

      Mark

      Mark's web pages: http://www.34dartdrive.freeserve.co.uk/
      Mind Sports Olympiad: http://www.msoworld.com/mindsports.html
      Diplomacy 2000: http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000/
      James & Cowper (Chartered Accountants): http://www.jamescowper.co.uk/
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2000
        In message <000e01c02546$882776c0$5a35893e@oemcomputer>, Mark Stretch
        <Mark@...> writes
        >I've been asked to run the "Play new games" section at the next Mind Sports
        >Olympiad. Any suggestions for games to educate them with? Settlers? Lost
        >Cities? Acquire? Any other ideas?
        >
        > Mark

        Samurai would be my nomination. Essentially an abstract game, fairly
        easy to learn the rules in quick time, little luck and a bugger to win
        at.

        _____________________________________
        John Harrington
        Fiendish Board Games - makers of Breaking Away, Office Politics and Traffic
        Lights (with The Metric Mile on its way!)

        New Improved URL: www.fbgames.co.uk
      • Danny Collman
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2000
          In message <iUW0H6Au3Lz5IwJi@...>, John Harrington
          <johnh@...> writes
          >In message <000e01c02546$882776c0$5a35893e@oemcomputer>, Mark Stretch
          ><Mark@...> writes
          >>I've been asked to run the "Play new games" section at the next Mind Sports
          >>Olympiad. Any suggestions for games to educate them with? Settlers? Lost
          >>Cities? Acquire? Any other ideas?
          >>
          >> Mark
          >>

          >Samurai would be my nomination. Essentially an abstract game, fairly
          >easy to learn the rules in quick time, little luck and a bugger to win
          >at.

          I realise that it's now persona non grata, but how about 'Mississippi'
          (not "*** Queen")
          --
          Danny Collman