Zine Poll 2000?

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20 3:10 PM
      I'm about to send out Variable Pig #74 and Jim would like me to include a
      Zine Poll form. Will there be one available on the world wide wobblything
      soon?

      Richard

      P.S. I can't connect to Ryk's site at the mo.
    • Ryk
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20 3:28 PM
        Possibly - once I have worked out how to do it on my lap top as my PC is out
        of action due to no electricity in my study - I trust you have a paper copy?

        ATB - Ryk
        Life has to be lived forwards, but can only be understood backwards

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21 2:16 PM
          Ryk,

          Erm, well actually no copy of any description. A Word or PDF file is what I
          want so I can run off copies on my personal laser. You could e-mail this to
          me or it might be better to send it to the list (shouldn't be a large
          attachment) in case anyone else wants one.

          Richard

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2000
            Here are the results of the 2000 Zine Polls

            The 2000 Amateur PBM Zine Poll
            =========================
            1 (2) Sprouts of Wrath
            2 (3) For Whom The Die Rolls
            3 (1) Backstabbers United Monthly
            4 (6) The Cunning Plan
            5 (4) Back to the Dark Ages
            6 (9) Ode
            7 (10) Cut & Thrust
            8 (5) Greatest Hits
            9 (27) Where is my Mind?
            10 (19) Variable Pig
            11 (7) Hopscotch
            12 (16) Dolchstoss
            13 (29) Smiffy's Magnificient Electronic Games
            14 (14) The White Cat
            14 (12) Underneath the Mango Tree
            16 (11) Bloodstock
            17 (28) Flights of Fancy
            18 (20) Dreams Never End
            19 (22) The Premier League
            20 (18) GAME
            21 (-) GZine
            22 (8) Serendipity
            23 (21) Obsidian
            24 (-) Strangitude
            24 (26) Open Season
            26 (17) Shadowplay
            27 (-) 90 Minutes
            28 (-) Pigbutton
            28 (30) Striker
            30 (-) Minstrel

            The 28th Diplomacy Zine Poll
            ======================
            1 (1) Sprouts of Wrath
            2 (3) The Cunning Plan
            3 (4) Ode
            4 (4) Dolchstoss
            5 (2) Backstabbers United Monthly
            6 (14) For Whom The Die Rolls
            7 (8) Gentle Art of Making Enemies
            8 (13) The White Cat
            9 (11) Cut & Thrust
            10 (-) Greatest Hits
            11 (6) Back to the Dark Ages
            11 (17) Bloodstock
            13 (18) Box Frenzy
            14 (20) Strangitude
            15 (10) Obsidian
            16 (-) Pen is Mightier than the Sword
            17 (19) Serendipity
            18 (-) Hopscotch
            19 (-) Smiffy's Marvelous Electronic Games
            19 (-) The Asylum Zone

            The First Amateur Gaming Website Poll
            =============================
            1. keith.Thomasson.com
            2. www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000/
            3. Ryk.Downes.com
            4. www.fbgames.co.uk/
            5. www.diplomacy.co.uk/

            *** PLEASE PUBLICISE THE PIMLEY AWARD BELOW ***

            The 2000 Pimley Award.
            ==================
            Please vote for one of the following by the end of January 2001 from the
            following.

            1. Neil Duncan
            2. Keith Thomasson (For running For Who the Die Rolls and For Whom the Web
            Rocks)
            3. Tom Tweedy (and his various GMs) for taking Diplomacy to the web and
            rekindling interest in it.
            4. Ryk Downes (for running the zine poll with great (apparent) efficiency
            over the past eight years and producing over 600 issues of zines in).
            5. Sandra Bond (For her triumphant return to the hobby)
            6. No Award

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 14, 2000
              In message <025f01c04dda$b0d60840$01e489d4@n6tlv>, Ryk <Ryk@...>
              writes
              >Here are the results of the 2000 Zine Polls
              >
              >The 2000 Amateur PBM Zine Poll
              >=========================
              >1 (2) Sprouts of Wrath
              >2 (3) For Whom The Die Rolls

              [Snip]

              >The First Amateur Gaming Website Poll
              >=============================
              >1. keith.Thomasson.com
              >2. www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000/
              >3. Ryk.Downes.com
              >4. www.fbgames.co.uk/
              >5. www.diplomacy.co.uk/

              Oh god, I've got to publicise this? How embarrassing... I'm trying to
              keep a low profile and my GMs are dropping me right in it!

              >*** PLEASE PUBLICISE THE PIMLEY AWARD BELOW ***
              >
              >The 2000 Pimley Award.
              >==================
              >Please vote for one of the following by the end of January 2001 from the
              >following.
              >
              >1. Neil Duncan
              >2. Keith Thomasson (For running For Who the Die Rolls and For Whom the Web
              >Rocks)
              >3. Tom Tweedy (and his various GMs) for taking Diplomacy to the web and
              >rekindling interest in it.
              >4. Ryk Downes (for running the zine poll with great (apparent) efficiency
              >over the past eight years and producing over 600 issues of zines in).
              >5. Sandra Bond (For her triumphant return to the hobby)
              >6. No Award

              Who do the votes for this go to? There's no contact name or email. Sorry
              if it's obvious fellahs, but I don't normally follow these polls.

              >From: Richard Smith <richard@...>
              >>
              >> I'm about to send out Variable Pig #74 and Jim would like me to include a
              >> Zine Poll form. Will there be one available on the world wide wobblything
              >> soon?

              If there IS an online form can someone give me a URL for it so I can
              make a link to it?

              http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000
            • Mark Wightman
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 15, 2000
                Tom,

                I guess the votes go to Ryk. Either by e-mail to Ryk@... or by post
                to the usual 'zine poll address.

                Cheers

                Mark

                > >Here are the results of the 2000 Zine Polls
                > >
                > >The 2000 Amateur PBM Zine Poll
                > >=========================
                > >1 (2) Sprouts of Wrath
                > >2 (3) For Whom The Die Rolls
                >
                > [Snip]
                >
                > >The First Amateur Gaming Website Poll
                > >=============================
                > >1. keith.Thomasson.com
                > >2. www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000/
                > >3. Ryk.Downes.com
                > >4. www.fbgames.co.uk/
                > >5. www.diplomacy.co.uk/
                >
                > Oh god, I've got to publicise this? How embarrassing... I'm trying to
                > keep a low profile and my GMs are dropping me right in it!
                > >

                > >*** PLEASE PUBLICISE THE PIMLEY AWARD BELOW ***
                > >
                > >The 2000 Pimley Award.
                > >==================
                > >Please vote for one of the following by the end of January 2001 from the
                > >following.
                > >
                > >1. Neil Duncan
                > >2. Keith Thomasson (For running For Who the Die Rolls and For Whom the
                Web
                > >Rocks)
                > >3. Tom Tweedy (and his various GMs) for taking Diplomacy to the web and
                > >rekindling interest in it.
                > >4. Ryk Downes (for running the zine poll with great (apparent) efficiency
                > >over the past eight years and producing over 600 issues of zines in).
                > >5. Sandra Bond (For her triumphant return to the hobby)
                > >6. No Award
                > >
                > Who do the votes for this go to? There's no contact name or email. Sorry
                > if it's obvious fellahs, but I don't normally follow these polls.
                >
                > >From: Richard Smith <richard@...>
                > >>
                > >> I'm about to send out Variable Pig #74 and Jim would like me to include
                > >> Zine Poll form. Will there be one available on the world wide
                wobblything
                > >> soon?
                > >>
                > If there IS an online form can someone give me a URL for it so I can
                > make a link to it?
                >
                > Tom
                > --
                > Tom Tweedy
                > Diplomacy 2000
                > http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000

              • Chris M. Dickson
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 15, 2000
                  In message <025f01c04dda$b0d60840$01e489d4@n6tlv>, Ryk <Ryk@...>
                  writes
                  >Here are the results of the 2000 Zine Polls

                  Here's a quick public question for Ryk.

                  In past years, you have revealed the number of points earned by each
                  zine, the number of people who voted for it and the number of people who
                  voted it top. Will you be doing so this year?

                  I have a suspicion that the number of votes this year is somewhat down
                  on that of previous years and would like to know whether my suspicion is
                  at all founded. Incidentally, I don't intend to disparage or criticise
                  the efforts of Ryk or any of the editors rated; congratulations and
                  appreciation all round.

                  Best wishes,
                  Chris

                  --
                  Chris M. Dickson, Middlesbrough, Great Britain; chris@...
                  Sport Editor, Flagship PBM mag: http://www.antsnest.demon.co.uk/flagship/
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 16, 2000
                    Yes the votes were somewhat down. I blame three reasons.

                    1. My non-attendance at Midcon I normally get about 40-50 votes there. I
                    think there were only about 10-15
                    2. My power failure meaning I did not get the Pimley nominations out,
                    possibly some people were waiting for that amendment.
                    3. There are fewer and fewer zines each year.

                    I have not yet had time to work out the number of first places each zine
                    received, as soon as I do I shall release the full results...