Leaflets

  • John and Denny Colledge
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 1999
      Hi folks! Just a quick word to let you know that I have received another
      three offers of assistance from games shops. Playin' Games of London and
      Lingards Games of Colchester and Norwich have all taken 300 leaflets and
      each of them will be showing a poster as well. Lingards in Colchester
      have even offered to keep photocopying when they run out, which is jolly
      decent of them. Hopefully with the run up to Christmas we will begin to
      get a bit more feedback from these.
      John H. Still no sign of the revised leaflet and I haven't heard about
      the leaflets for Theo so I have copied 300 of the old ones and will take
      these plus some posters with me tomorrow. I see from the list that you
      are going so perhaps you could take a new one of each with you?
      Hope to some more of you there.
      Byeeeeee!

      John

      PS. I may have discovered why there was no mention of the HDF on the
      Midcon flyers. Theo doesn't appear to be on this list anymore. Steven,
      can you tell from your end if this is the case or not?
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 1999
        In message <3821D586.2849@...>, John and Denny Colledge
        <dunorroch@...> writes

        >PS. I may have discovered why there was no mention of the HDF on the
        >Midcon flyers. Theo doesn't appear to be on this list anymore. Steven,
        >can you tell from your end if this is the case or not?

        Seems to be.
        www.diplomacy.co.uk
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 1999
          In message <3821D586.2849@...>, John and Denny Colledge
          <dunorroch@...> writes
          >John H. Still no sign of the revised leaflet and I haven't heard about
          >the leaflets for Theo so I have copied 300 of the old ones and will take
          >these plus some posters with me tomorrow. I see from the list that you
          >are going so perhaps you could take a new one of each with you?
          >Hope to some more of you there.

          Best intentions and all that, but I haven't managed to get Mission From
          God done or the revised flyer in time for MidCon.

          The Starter Pack service has been ticking over though, and I've also
          been putting flyers into Fiendish Games products, much to the
          bewilderment of Germans in Essen!

          See you at MidCon, where I'll be doing the quiz (one of the reasons why
          I did not have time to do last minute new version of the flyer).

          Fiendish Games - makers of Breaking Away, Office Politics, Devil Take The
          Hindmost and Traffic Lights
          www.fiendishgames.demon.co.uk
        • Theo Clarke
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 25, 1999
            Yes, I am still subscribing to the list. I have been quiet because of
            the demands of liquidating Chart International Limited and
            establishing Playing Games Limited.

            The flotation of Chart International Group plc failed to achieve the
            minimum subscription so we had to return the monies that were
            received. Without the cash injection, Chart International Limited
            lacked the capital to continue its distribution business and the
            directors chose to put it into voluntary liquidation.

            I bought the three new companies that CIG had formed to
            implement its plans and I assumed their liabilities. Their only
            assets were agreements to buy three shops.

            I also bought the business of SFC Press and assumed its liabilities
            for pre-paid magazine subscriptions and event fees to ensure that
            G3 subscribers, Midcon registrees and Furrytales registrees got
            what they paid for. Carol continues to produce the magazine and,
            as you all know, Midcon took place normally. SFC Press is now
            incorporated as SFC Press Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
            Playing Games Limited.

            Playing Games Limited also owns Playing Games Retail Limited,
            which holds the three shop agreements. Maurice Criddle is the
            Managing Director of PGRL and we bought The Guardroom shop in
            Dunstable on Monday. We complete the purchase of Not Just
            Stamps in High Wycombe on Wednesday and expect to complete
            Playin' Games in London WC1 in January.

            I made a private offer of shares in Playing Games Limited to some
            potential investors and the company is now owned by 40 gamers.

            Chart Hobby Distributors Limited (which I also own) is currently
            dormant and is not trading with any shops so we have no
            mechanism to distribute leaflets to shops, except through the
            magazine (which already includes an advert).

            The Guardroom and Not Just Stamps will both take leaflets to
            distribute to customers.

            Theo